I need a box design

Silver Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 810
could someone please make me up a box design for 4 infinity perfect kappas 12 inch ported i want each sub to get atleast 1.75 cuft

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 590
give your max deminsions. length, width, height

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 4944
pete kulicki

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 591
^^^or that

Silver Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 814
whos that

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, 148.2 db Mov...

Post Number: 5687
some one thaqt charges 50 dollars for a box plan

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin MY SUBS GET ...

Post Number: 1800
^lol. Im sure if you ask David(drivin) nicely he would design you a box Ben.....maybe ;)

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Team RD, Texas

Post Number: 2683
BJ's designer asks for $25 per design.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4958
yeah because david is more knowledgeable than pete...

Gold Member

Post Number: 5707
"yeah because david is more knowledgeable than pete... "

no but i can design a simple sealed/ported box for free....and i think free is on peoples agenda......
now we all know reece that 50 dollars is chump change for a rich boy like you!

Gold Member

Post Number: 4963
spend it cuz you got it homie... if he wants a nicer design he would go to pete or bj... all im saying...

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Http://www.rdaudio.net...

Post Number: 19774
"spend it cuz you got it homie... if he wants a nicer design he would go to pete or bj... all im saying...'

x2

Gold Member

Post Number: 5712
"spend it cuz you got it homie... if he wants a nicer design he would go to pete or bj... all im saying..."

yeah spend it if you got it and not every 17 year old kid on this forum is bankin so.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4968
25-50 bucks is not that much to pay for a great design...

Gold Member

Post Number: 5718
and thats the difference between someone with money and someone without ...25-50 bucks is a gym membership payment, cellphone, gas for a week....lol but you wouldnt know

Gold Member

Post Number: 4980
yeah dude your life is so hard you live with your parents and go to community college... give me a break...

Gold Member

Post Number: 5733
my life isnt hard lol......dont remember saying that but my life isnt a handout...i pay bills and rent....sooooo keep thinking what ya think

Gold Member

Post Number: 4985
im just saying i'd rather pay 25-50 bucks and get a capable design from an intelligent person...

Gold Member

Post Number: 5738
a ported box isnt something only a genious can do lol...its just a ported box man.

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Team RD, Texas

Post Number: 2689
why are you so defensive?

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 2355
"just a ported box"

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 8721
Pete undestands acoustics better than any of us and I think he has a degree in it...and thats why they are suggesting him...paying the fee is what it costs if you want his knowledge in your design...(like Reece said)

Silver Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 817
ok who will give me the best box also the speaker company recommends using poly fill with a port box is this possible

Gold Member

Post Number: 5013
dude, contact pete kulicki through his e-mail at hexibase.com

Silver Member
Username: Deadrabit

Post Number: 286
just go to the RE site and they have a ported box calculator. u might want to make the box smaller depending on the displacement of the subs

Gold Member

Post Number: 8734
Ben if you want the best possible outcome the first time and you have the money for the fee give Pete a shot

Gold Member

BC Canada

Post Number: 2379
Sean is right. If I come across his explanation for the Crossover Box again, I'll post it. Guaranteed that at least 80% will go over 99% of the heads here.

The design he did for me is phenomenal.

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1583
For everyone suggesting Pete or BJ, that is a little overboard. A ported box is very simple to design and is also very basic. Who would pay money for a ported box design lmao?

Gold Member

BC Canada

Post Number: 2382
Nick, you're not that ignorant. Do a little reading.

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin MY SUBS GET ...

Post Number: 1820
Yea, Cam does have a point. After reading a book on speaker building and enclosures there is a lot more that goes into the box than just a few small parameters.

Gold Member

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1584
How is that ignorant? We are not talking about a T-line, or an ABC. We are talking about a ported box that is around 7 cuft NET tuned at the desired frequency and using the type of port desired for some kappas. What could you possibly do more to it that is worth a $50 design?

Gold Member

BC Canada

Post Number: 2384
You could consider the vehicle's acoustics, the individual's goals (Pete might find that a different style would work better), and a whole bunch of stuff that we couldn't even comprehend.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5095
if you are set on a standard ported box and don't care if other designs would perform better then by all means get any tom, dick, or harry to design your box.

Gold Member

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1585
You can not tell the vehicle's acoustics by reading a graph off of a computer. You find out the vehicle's acoustics by experimenting. Different cars do different things and there are so many factors. Do you know how many boxes some of the loudest people in the world have went through? They didn't reach their goal from a graph, they did it by trial and error. I don't know about you, but I do not have the money for 20 $50 designs.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5099
You're exactly right Nick. The thing is for most people who aren't serious about systems, or getting the most out of their system, they won't spend the time and effort it takes to squeeze out every decibel or do everything it takes to make it sound better. Pete will do the best design for those type of people.

Gold Member

BC Canada

Post Number: 2385
Of course. You're definitely correct. There are so many factors. I won't pretend I'm enlightened to the them though. The thing is that Pete obviously has more than just a simple graph or two. See here:
http://www.hexibase.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2512&start=0&postdays=0&postorder= asc&highlight=

He's said that every car from the same model and year will be slightly different. I think I've typed these exact words before but if you're competing, you can obviously get further than what he can do for you by trial and error but I'm sure he could give you a great starting point and save you a lot of time and money.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5100
Not to mention, a guy with 4 kappa perfects probably isn't worried about being the loudest in the world. Not many people want a car that is completely incapable being driven for a daily driver system. Even the loudest people in the world with car that can be driven are COMPLETELY impractical for daily driving.

Gold Member

BC Canada

Post Number: 2386
Here's a bunch of stuff for those that are too lazy to read in that thread:

[Pete Kulicki quote]

Well, all this is just an attempt to get you off the beaten path (and, let's face it, there's only a handful of folks who are happy with the beaten path results.) Unfortunately, what you're looking to accomplish can't be summarized to a single formula or a single bulletproof process. For me, arriving at a certain sound, response range, and efficiency means quite literally observing waves, one phase increment after another, as they develop, group, and collide along a series of three-dimensional containers, each one with a specific X, Y, Z coordinate, and vertical / horizontal tilt. It's kind of like playing a three-dimensional game of Pong with millions of little balls formed into waves. Even for me, anything beyond that is trial & error; it's how I arrive at new theories and perfect the math for existing ones.

[/Pete Kulicki quote]

[Pete Kulicki quote]

Upload
Just for humor's sake, I took a pic the sheet that I use to define the physical characteristics of the immediate loading environment. What you're looking at is about one eighth of one of my templates for a trunk section. This doesn't even get into prediction of wave behavior or the specifics of any given enclosure -- that begins on the 3rd sheet, this is just the 1st sheet... Well, a little piece of it.

[/Pete Kulicki quote]

For all the doubters.

I wonder who started the HTML thing...

Gold Member

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1586
I know that Pete does know his stuff. I was just stating that there are better ways to get the perfect box and that I am not ignorant :p

Gold Member

BC Canada

Post Number: 2387
Just making sure that you know there is a lot more to it than sticking a port of a certain length and width into an MDF box with a certain internal volume.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 8756
good job guys at explaining the difference...just to make another point along with yours...theres a reason there is a acoustic engineering degree

Platinum Member

Post Number: 8757
also ive listened to a car with 4 12 vofenhags in a ported box only to change it out and put only one of those volfenhag 12's in it in a ported box and its almost as loud or louder as it was with four 12's...we did and it was put on a meter both times...what made that difference? Was it just the box change? Was it the power? Did acoustics play a factor? Even if power was a factor how does it account for three less 12's in the car
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us