Adding another battery in back

Silver Member
Username: Prozack52

Cincinnati, 2-D615D4 Dia...

Post Number: 255
do i need two more fuses for the extra battery or can i just jump power and ground to the battery, the existing battery in the back already has two fuses just did not know if a needed two more or just jump ground and power to second battery thanks

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1235
I would try to fuse between batteries- all though it's not near as important as between electronics and most people with large banks don't.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6129
if the two batteries are right next to eachother its fine. just keep in mind if your in an accident and the wire gets pinched and broken and their isnt a fuse right on the power wire of the battery close to the terminal chances are your going to end up with a fire.

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 2369
If you jump both the positive and negative, don't ground (to the chassis) the second battery as the potential differences (or voltages) could be... different. In that case, I'd add a second ground from the first battery and connect the two positive terminals. However, if it was me (and it was; this is how I did it), I would just connect the positives of your two rear batteries and ground them both to the chassis.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7130
No you don't need fuses if the batteries are right next to each other.

When running the positive wire from front to back batteries though, it has to be fused at both ends. This is something people often forget, and fusing only one end is completely useless.

Silver Member

Post Number: 263
yeah the current battery in the back i grounded to the chassis so im good there and they will not neccessarily be right next to each other so i will fuse the power wire when i jump it the idea of a possibly fire does not go over well with me lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 264
thanks guys

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6132
run a ground connecting all your - front and rear too

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7141
Yeah if it's a unibody car you need to do that. Full frame you can get away with grounding to the FRAME, NOT the body.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us