How should i position my subs?

Silver Member
Username: Ridinspinnas

Cayuga, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 210
i have 2 15" hx2's in a slotted box with the slot coming out between the subs my trunk is huge in my prelude, and when im bumping my system i always have my back seat down, ,currently they are facing towards the back of the trunk, should i have them facing into the car, since they are 15's and are slotted in the middle, or should i have them sitting upwards..i just think since they are powerful and facing the back of the trunk that they are losing alot of sound because ofthe rattling trunk.i know i know ill get dynomat asap, but what else can i do? thanks guys

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 568
no one will be able to give u a straight answer because no one will have your exact system. i say just move the box around every which way for a day, and find out which one sounds the best.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 8696
"just move the box around every which way for a day, and find out which one sounds the best."

what he said

Silver Member

Windsor, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 211
are u guys trying to break my back lol, yesterday when i was wiring my subs i took my subs and box out 5 times, the subs and box weigh a good 75 pounds, my backs killin me today, thats why i hoped somebody would know, is there anything else i can do do make them louder? what should i have my frequence set at? and should i have my subsonic filter on? if so what should that be set at?

Silver Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 569
"what should i have my frequence set at?"

low pass should be set at around 70-80 HZ

"should i have my subsonic filter on? if so what should that be set at?"

if you have a ported box. set it at around 5Hz below the tuning. HOWEVER, if you have a sealed enclosure then turn it all the way down

Silver Member

Windsor, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 217
its a slotted box inbetween the subs

Silver Member

Windsor, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 218
and what do u mean 5 hz below the tuning?

Silver Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 572
what is the box tuned to? did you build it, have it built, or is a prefab ported box?

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1345
Oh no... don't tell me it's a prefab

Silver Member

Windsor, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 219
i just bought them this week i dont think its a prefab because theres no name on it and it looks like someone built it i could be wrong tho all i know is i didnt build it lol

Silver Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 584
hmmm well sh!t. i dont know what to tell ya then.

build a new box to the sub specs and see what happens. at least you'll get some experience

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 2078
yeah build your own box that will be your best bet...

If no one knows what your box is tunned to you wont be able change subs and get the best results

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 8715
Its easy to know what its tuned to if he takes measurements of the box and then gives us the height and width of the port and then just takes the subs out to see how long the port is in total
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us