Bose 201 speakers in my Legacy?

Unregistered guest
I'm sure it's possible, but would it make even the slightest sense? I think the woofers from my old Bose 201 series speakers would fit nicely in the round holes in my 99 Legacy, whereas right now I have RF 6x9" speakers using custom made wooden brackets which I think is drastically affecting the sound quality. I have a generic crappy "Crunch" amp (300w 4 channel) which seems to have worked ok for me this far.

Also, I have a 12" Cerwin Vega Stealth sub in a small ported box (came together) and my 200w 2 Channel Crunch amp is blown and probably not worth fixing (ground cable came loose while it was on, now all I get is protect mode). The sub is rated 250w RMS, 600w peak. What would you guys recommend for an amp to replace it? I don't have crazy money to spend, but I would like to hear how this sub sounds when it actually gets the power it wants, as opposed to the measly 200 watts my old Crunch put out.

Unregistered guest
Is my question really that dumb or did I break one of the forum ettiquettes?

Plenty of activity on the forum but no response... :-(

Username: Kober

Post Number: 10
I hooked up the 201's once...Home speakers dont sound rite in car systems different ohms. Those bose speakers are made specifically for the enclosure they put them in.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us