Updates on my 4 BTL 18 box- pics

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1228
Well I don't think I've posted updates in a while, so heres a new thread.

I'll be going to a 4 alt setup within the next month or two, as soon as I sell my boat I'll have some extra cash for it.

I worked on the top plate, and I'm going to call this finished for a while. It really needs buffed good- I didn't have any pads for my buffer so I just went over it by hand a little. There's a few blemishes, but it's my first attempt at spraying and they were really just from trash that got in the paint :-(
On to pics, but do you guys think black accents would look good around the equipment? I already have paint, I'd just hate to have to sand it all down just to undo it.

I covered the top beauty panel in fiberglass resin, then bondo so paint would stick instead of absorbing
Upload

Primed up for paint, then wetsanded with 600grit before a few coats of GM white single-stage.
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Here it is, a bit of trash got in it, and it's orangepeeled a bit- but it was my first attempt at painting with a sprayer, and I'm outdoors. :-(I sanded the blemishes out with 1000 grit, then finished it off with 2000 and cut/buffing. I didn't have pads for my buffer, so I just did it by hand for now. It could look so much better if I actually buff it right, so I will as soon as I get a chance.
Upload
Upload
Upload

And a few inside pics. Don't mind the ghetto dome light, it falls when bass hits so I'm just leaving it.
Upload
Upload

Crap camera, but from inside the panel adds a nice touch imo. The amps will be on top of part of it, and there will be a few beauty panels vinyled to match the box and flush it in there.

Opinions and criticism are much appreciated!

Silver Member
Username: Bonhamd

Northern, Michigan USA

Post Number: 565
looks awesome troy

Silver Member
Username: Quirky

SA, Texas

Post Number: 216
Looks amazing. Nice job

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 15501
I don't see any blemishes man. That's a nice finish! And here I was a carpet fan all this time.....

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 9071
Beautiful Troy. Good job bud.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 8692
nice job Troy

Gold Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 1668
Looks great dude.

how much clearance u got between the port exit and backdoor?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1229
Thanks everyone! I was afraid it wouldn't turn out good, but it was better than I expected. There's room to get better, but practice will make perfect. I'm painting my wifes hood this week, so we'll see.

Not much clearance at all andrizzle, but even with just 1 of 4 amps going on the factory alt it does over 151.5db, so I'm not too worried. With all 4 amps and alts going I should see quite a gain.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 7619
Awesome work, looks real good.

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 2077
Nice how thin is the part in between the 2 18s??

Gold Member
Username: Philly306

New quote coming soon, North carolina

Post Number: 1030
looks very nice.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1230
Thanks again. Killerzracing, from side to side maybe 4 inches, front to back about 1-2.

Silver Member
Username: Alex_smith

Post Number: 122
i didnt realize thats what you were doing with the panel. looks great man. it would have been sick if the whole box was one peice and painted like that imo.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Http://www.rdaudio.net...

Post Number: 19743
nice work. it looks clean. can't wait til you get all your alts in there and make a killer video.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1233
^I agree Alex. I'm considering a new build
Got to do the alts first though, I'm more about performance than looks, but no reason not to have a compromise.

Silver Member

Post Number: 124
hahaha. after that you can do the full white leather/suade interior.....

but alts first!

Gold Member
Username: Jnoel

AIM= j69noel, KY

Post Number: 1075
troy post a vid

Silver Member

Post Number: 128
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NQgBaSjzms

i was there

Gold Member

Post Number: 1234
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmBd2Tb-3IM

This one doesn't really kick in till about 40 seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IqfHWck56I

If you youtube "hoodie trick" there's more- I'm just too lazy to find them all.

Gold Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 1362
god damn dude you gotta be goin deaf that looks insane!!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Deadrabit

Post Number: 277
wow buddie! i love it! what is it tuned too? let me know the kind of numbers u hit with the new alts!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1236
Thanks again!
I have a 36hz tune now, I did have a 32 but it just didn't sound as good to me. It got the very very low notes better, but with a huge sacrifice in normal llistening range. I get better hair tricks with the 36hz port as well too.

Gold Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 1275
looks good bro, nice and glossy..lol or atleast thats what it looks like to me haha..lol at the dome light....bass destroys everything, i always have to replace my third high top brake light every month because it always goes out...haha

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

Santa Ana, Ca Resonant Eng...

Post Number: 1890
Troy is that screw or glued somehow? It looks clean.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1237
It's actually not tightened down yet. I will be screwing either side right on top, then mounting the amps over the screws (with more screws that will hold it down). The middle will be screwed from underneath to try and keep the smooth look.

Does anyone think it would look better with the black accent around the equipment, or cleaner plain white?
Thanks.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19750
i should send troy a round trip plane ticket to cali so he can build a fiberglass box for me. lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1238
If you bought the ticket I'd sure as hell come lol. I don't know if the plane would cost more than a shops fees- and if it would be up to your expectations, but I'd be there

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19758
lol good to know.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 4951
nice job man. do work.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1239
I'm putting the other 3 amps in, but mainly so I can see where to put some trim panels. I may hook up the power and grounds, but just for looks and so when I get the electrical backed up all I have to do is hook up the speakers to their designated amp.
Several reasons for the panels:
1. It looks more flush
2. It will make it just that much harder to get to the lower amps to steal them, and impossible to remove the box without removing them first (time consuming).

I'm just dryfitting things in place, but here's where the amps go on the sides. They really won't be visible. At night you can sort of see the Memphis logo glowing through the tint, but only barely.

Upload
Upload

More as work gets done- I'll have to place an order for wire and fuse holders soon- I don't want to use Raptor 1/0 lol.

Gold Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 1670
cramped space huh? Boxes that fill up entire cargo area are b!tches to work with!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1240
Yeah it really is :-( I picked the Memphis amps because they're the only ones that will give me the power I want and I can mount them easily. God what a pain to move though lol..
I can't say how many times I've wished I had that cargo space, but I like the bass more, and I have a trailer for a reason, right?

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1041
that things gotta be a monster to tow in it'self et alone a trailer ontop of it. let alone electrical demands.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 15557
That's a nice hair vid. Still can't express how well that paint job came out.

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1043
i forgot to add my props about that, x2 what paul said. that is one nice smooth glaze of a paint job, looks like smooth choclate.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us