Now its a competition

Silver Member
Username: 94_toy

Post Number: 188
So a kid in my school just got 2 10" JL10 W3s ($600) an alpine mrp850m ($475 ) and now everyone is a big JL fan. there in a shitty bassworx box that looks like a monkey made and still it sounds loud abd good. So the deal is if anyone can get a louder system then he will give them $20. So i was about to order my 12" RE SX ($189) and audioque 1200d ($243) but i wanna see if u guys think i will be louder. Ive made boxes before so ill make one for it 2 cubic feet tuned to 33 hertz. even with 2 10's i think that SX will be louder but i want ur opinion.

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin MY SUBS GET ...

Post Number: 1788
Only 20 bucks? See if you can get him to bet more.

Silver Member
Username: 94_toy

Post Number: 189
the sx should be louder though right? 1200W RMS on a SPL sub as apoused to 800W RMS on 2 SQ subs

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1227
It's going to come down to the enclosure and the vehicle imo.

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 3505
yeppers.as usual I agree with troy. you have an advantage with equip. but the box and car shall make the difference what kind of car?

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 8685
what hunter said....and what two 10's do you currently have and how much louder do your currrent 10's need to be to beat him

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 15494
Bass for pinks.

Silver Member
Username: Phil_salisbury

Post Number: 621
Unless there's a meter involved to say who the winner is, how in the he!! is it going to be decided who the winner is - put it to a vote!!!!

Yeah, I can just see that argument coming when the vote gets counted and the loser doesn't like the outcome.

Silver Member
Username: Alex_smith

Post Number: 120
i like pauls idea

Silver Member
Username: Phil_salisbury

Post Number: 622
There ya go, a new TV show - Bass for Pinks.

Best 2 out of 3 DB Drag Event

Lose the Bass, Lose your Ride

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 4934
haha... you have just as much chance of getting torched as you do winning...

Gold Member

Post Number: 8686
"Unless there's a meter involved to say who the winner is, how in the he!! is it going to be decided who the winner is - put it to a vote!!!!

Yeah, I can just see that argument coming when the vote gets counted and the loser doesn't like the outcome."

yeah I was thinking that when I first read the post because I knew there probably wasnt going to be a meter but I answered anyway

Gold Member

Post Number: 8687
"Bass for pinks."

"There ya go, a new TV show - Bass for Pinks.

Best 2 out of 3 DB Drag Event

Lose the Bass, Lose your Ride"

"haha... you have just as much chance of getting torched as you do winning..."

cool idea haha and yeah Reece that about sums it up

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Portland, Or

Post Number: 3539
"Unless there's a meter involved to say who the winner is, how in the he!! is it going to be decided who the winner is - put it to a vote!!!!

Yeah, I can just see that argument coming when the vote gets counted and the loser doesn't like the outcome."

Yeah. It wont really be a sound competition at this point. It will be a popularity contest. Even if you were louder, the crowd is more than likely going to say he is louder just for the the fact that he has 2 subs to 1. And then theres all the highschool JL fanboys who never heard of RE.....

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1573
Go ahead and get the setup you wanted. You were gonna get it anyway. Build the correct box for it and see which song is loudest on it and challenge him. You have nothing to lose right? He said HE would give the $20.

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Team RD, Texas

Post Number: 2661
and when you win, everyone knows which car to break into.

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 3510
lol.

Silver Member
Username: Ridinspinnas

Windsor, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 212
lmfao tru dat thieves... and i agree with naledge whoever people like better will win im sure, and you guys are gonna be playing the same songs right?

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 570
he does have more cone area with the 2 10's... why not get 2 12"s SD2.5's.. just beat him in cone area and there ya go lol.

p.s. build a better box than him <<<KEY

Silver Member
Username: Deadrabit

Post Number: 290
get 2 of the REs. .. or maybe 4... u don't want to just be a little louder u want to blow him away! but there is really no way to tell because each car is different. but with 12s i would tune it more like 40Hz if ur looking for SPL

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 4869
If your trying to stay on that budget and want a sure win just get the SX 15" and tune for 35hz.. its sure to get loud..

mids 140s on a meter in the correct enclosure and on that power

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Lagrange, GA USA

Post Number: 1728
You may have something there. I LIKE IT! But not lose your ride. BASS FOR PINKS!! LOSE THE BASS, LOSE YOUR BEAT. Hmmmmm, wonder if we could get that going hehe.

Kevin

Gold Member
Username: Mike11202

DD9515G VFL 200.1 = : , Sewell, NJ US

Post Number: 1620
I would suggest getting 2 12" or 10" Phoenix Gold RSDC's the new edition. You'll beat him in loudness to ear easily.

10's

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-PHOENIX-GOLD-RSDC-104-CAR-10-SUB-WOOFERS-RSD-104-NEW_W0QQi temZ140219397504QQihZ004QQcategoryZ3291QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

12's

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-PHOENIX-GOLD-RSDC-124-CAR-12-SUB-WOOFERS-RSD-124-NEW_W0QQi temZ140219401783QQihZ004QQcategoryZ18803QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 5029
yeah if you want to assure victory you'll have to do better. i would get a couple of re se's on 1200 watts and you will beat him or like kevin said get a 15" instead of the 12. you also have to think that its only loudness to the ear. to me loud lower frequencies tickle my ear kindly.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us