What can I do with a $500.00 Budget?

Da Bears
Unregistered guest
I am looking to replace the stock stereo system in my 98 Ranger Extended Cab. I would like some suggestions on what I can do with a $500.00 budget. I would probably need everything unless you guys think the stock speakers would be worth keeping. I would like the head unit to have MP3 capabilities, but that is not neccesary if the $ to get it is to much. Reading on here, I see that Alpine and Eclipse are well thought of, but it seems the dollars for them are out of my budget if I need to do the whole system.

About 500
Unregistered guest
Pioneer head unit w/ MP3
Infinity components for the front
Can keep the stock for rear fill
JBL amp for the fronts and sub/s
Kicker Comp VR or Infinity for the subs
You might get that stuff for about 500

Bronze Member
Username: Germanguy

Post Number: 19
You could do that
OR
...like I said to another fellow before you, don't spend the cash, wait until you have around one grand (thats if you only buy very cheap without any support, for example ebay) to be happy for a very long time. everything else is less than a compromise and lets you spend your dollars twice. so in the end you pay more !

Bronze Member
Username: Beligerant1

NC USA

Post Number: 11
I agree totally with GermanGuy. I have the cash to buy whatever i want, but my main priority was putting together a great system for what i thought was money well spent. I never really had a budget but wanted the most bang for my buck. I recently purchased a sub and amp (the last two things on my list). In the end every piece i bought was from alpine. I got the cda-9815, spr-136a, spr-174a, mrd-m301, swr-1041d, and a bulk pack of Dynamat extreme. I installed everything myself with help from friends, my dad, and advice from this board. Yesterday I added up what it would have cost retail and it was roughly $1700 (not including what installation might have cost). What I actually have spent is $1030 (with the help of ebay), I learned a lot in the process, and in my opinion i have a great system that will last. I bought all these pieces over the period of about six months, so my wallet hardly even felt the loss, I took so long in order to do the research and install one piece at a time. I reccomend definately spending the money to get worthwhile equipment, even if you can only buy one piece at a time, just go in a logical order - HU, speakers, sub & amp, dynamat for example.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us