Best way to remove strip screws?

Gold Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 1265
so i was tryin to put sum polyfill in my box and i removed only 5 out of the 8 screws and the other 3 stripped :-( whats the best way to remove them? i even try buyin that stripp screw bit remover....it made a big circle now...:-( thanks guys

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 15464
You mean a bit extractor? You have to apply a decent amount of pressure for those to work. Which screws were you removing? The box or sub screws?

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Http://www.rdaudio.net...

Post Number: 19729
lol i don't know how you stripped it. hahahahahahahahahaha.

anyways seriously though, get a drill and drill through the stripped screw and then try again.

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 2345
I usually use a hacksaw to cut a slot but you probably countersunk yours. In that case, and angle grinder could cut a slot or an air grinder might work better due to the smaller wheels which means less damage to the box.

Gold Member

PA

Post Number: 1266
i was removing the screws that held the sub in place....i got 6 out of 8 now....i had to take the rubber things off around the subs that keeps the air from leaking out....then i used pliers and twisted the one out...now i got 2 screws left that i cant get too....

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Http://www.rdaudio.net...

Post Number: 19730
best of luck to you buddy. just becareful next time.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15466
Drill the heads off and remove the sub so you can get to the shafts better. Then strong pliers and a firm grip can back them out.

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 2347
Oh. I think Chad's method is probably the way to go then. Just check the size of one of the screws you got out against a drill bit and choose the bit that is slightly smaller. You want to be able to remount your sub so don't choose a bit that's any bigger than the shaft (probably not the right term).

Gold Member

PA

Post Number: 1267
lol phew good news, i pry out the remaining 2 screws with the back of the hammer part....wow im so lucky...lol thanks for the help anyways guys...lol thats messed up chad u laughed :-(

Gold Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

Boca Raton, Florida

Post Number: 1407
i believe we all laughed inside... but thats good you got them out.. Stripped screws suck.. i got this free Stripped screw set from handy man club.. they work pretty good

Silver Member
Username: Prozack52

Cincinnati, 2-D615D4 Dia...

Post Number: 261
how about using easy outs lol they sell sets of them

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15594
He already got them out.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums