Thieves

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Http://www.rdaudio.net...

Post Number: 19701
here is the fuse block i was telling you about. its yours. i know i have some distro block somewhere. i will find it over the weekend. i also have some 0 gauge terminals. they are all yours for free. lol.

pic of the fuse block. its already got a 100a anl fuse in it. its for a 4 gauge cable.

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Team RD, Texas

Post Number: 2633
won't I need a 0ga fuse block though? lol

I'm more concerned right now about the distro block, since I will prob be ordering that KLM 0ga kit after I sell my zapco.

your distro has the 0ga in and dual 4ga out, right?

thanks again man!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19703
yeah it has 1 0 gauge in to 2 out.

this is how i was telling you to do it.

Upload

Gold Member

Team RD, Texas

Post Number: 2635
would it be easier to just get a fused distro(which is what I thought you had)? I can always pick up some fuse blocks for the 4ga anyway. I can put 4ga in the comp amp right, or will I have to cut it down to size?

when you say "1 0 gauge in to 2 out" do you mean 2ga or 4ga out?

thanks for the pic, it really cleared it up.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 13451
a fused mini anl (1 0g in 2 4g out) distro block like the 1 sold by stinger would look simpler\neater .....

Gold Member

Team RD, Texas

Post Number: 2638
that's what I was thinking Rovin, according to the picture the distro isn't fused, but I may be misunderstanding from him that it is.

in either case, would you mind posting a link Rovin? I found one on ebay for ~$35

Platinum Member

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 13452
im searching their site now but its

stinger HPM SHD820 - got 1 right here by my desk

http://stingerelectronics.com/ .....

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19705
well the distro block i have isn't a fuse distro block so that is why i put it like that. but like rovin says, getting a fuse distroblock would be better.

Gold Member

Team RD, Texas

Post Number: 2640
well I'd still be willing to receive it if you still want to let it go:-)

Rovin, that link didn't work if you were trying to link to a spec product. i also searched their site and couldn't find a 0ga in dual 4ga out fused. Help?

Platinum Member

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 13453
ok well the 1 i have here is marked SHD820 but this SHD620 looks like the very same thing

http://stingerelectronics.com/prodDetailCES.asp?strID=95

****note that the biggest size mini anl type fuses come in is 150A ....

Gold Member

Team RD, Texas

Post Number: 2641
can I use this? or is it just for power/just for ground?

SPD5623Krome

Gold Member

Team RD, Texas

Post Number: 2642
don't you need at least a 200amp fuse for 0ga? or are the mini anl fuses different?

Platinum Member

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 13454
u mean for near the batt ? ...u just simply add the total fuse ratings of ur amp\s & this will be what A ur main fuse needs to be ....

send a direct page link to that ;;SPD5623Krome;;

Gold Member

Team RD, Texas

Post Number: 2643
no I mean for the distro, I'm prob ordering the KLM amp kit from knukonceptz, so the inline fuse is covered.

for some reason it won't let me get a direct page link to the product.

the one I posted above:
SPD5623Krome

is under the "Browse by Category" and then "Power Distribution"

for some reason I misunderstood your previous post, 100amp mini anl fuse for each amplifier would be fine right, seeing as it's 4ga, or do I absolutely need 125amp fuses?

Platinum Member

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 13455
well if ur going knukonceptz u might as well stay knukonceptz for everything else ...

http://www.knukonceptz.com/productMaster.cfm?Category=Distribution%20/%20Fuse%20 Blocks#

Gold Member

Team RD, Texas

Post Number: 2645
KonFUSED Ground Distribution System

would that one work just fine?

Gold Member

Team RD, Texas

Post Number: 2646
thanks again rovin

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19708
that fuse distro block will work good. the distro block ima send you can be used for ground. you can ground a 0 gauge somewhere to your car and then to the distro block. then your amp's ground can go to the distro block.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19709
btw let me recheck my house cause i might have a 0 gauge fuse block.

Platinum Member

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 13460
no problem

i kinda like matching 1 brand when it comes to wires - i use stinger in my car so if u using Knu which is also good then stick to that throughout if possible ...

Silver Member
Username: Baalpeteor

Post Number: 118
eh fusing after the dist. block? what you use for that? some really big fuses and "wrap" 0 or 4gauge around it? heheh... or do u find huge spade termianls and spade emz?

well in actuality i know ur prob using anl or something anyway

Gold Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 1264
sorry to jack the thread but do u have to hook up another anl fuse for the comp amp?? because i recently just hooked up my comp amp which is a zx250.2 and i just bought a non fuse distro block and the only fuse i have is the main fuse under the hood which is 100amps in the ANL holder should i change that to a higher amperage?? the only other fuse is in the comp amp itself which is 40 amps...im running 4 gauge wire....everything is hooked up and working fine...just curious...thanks guys

Silver Member

Post Number: 120
ya I run 1 fuse also. i have a cap tho so even if something did happen on the amp end like a surge, the cap would absorb it maybe.

Silver Member

Post Number: 121
then again i might add one cuz i have my amp inside right now. it has a surge protector on it and its rd audio so i dont need a fuse talking about it, and the amp has 3 fuses on it also. I don't really see a need for another fuse after the distribution block, unless the wires are going to cheaper equipment without fuses or ... surge protection? that or your pushing like 5,000 or more watts all on 0 gauge then i'd do it just for precautionary reasons

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19724
its good to have a fuse at the battery and if you are using a distro block then its good to have separate fuses for your amps.

now in the picture, i told thieves to do it like that cause i am giving him a distro block. the distro block don't have a fuse. now he can just get a fused distro block which would be alot more convinient. i think that is what he is going to do.

Silver Member

Post Number: 123
so ur trying to say its practical to use fuses at the distro block? it actually has a use?
and i know he's not running nomore than like 1/2000 watts as he using 4 and 8 gauge.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19726
using a fuse isn't determine by how much power he or she is using. the fuse is there to protect your audio equipment in case of a short.

Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 124
ya i meant though.. if someone was running just 200 to maybe 1000 or so.. and running like 8 gauge power wire... the first fuse by the battery, the fuse on the radio, and the ruses on the amp should be sufficient. if you were running 0 gauge though maybe 2000 to 10000 watts or more, then i'd def put some fuses at the dist. block, and second battery for that matter because a 0 gauge short is a blown-up car

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19728
ok lets say you are running a cable from the battery in the front to the back amp. you just need to fuse it by the battery and you are good to go. but if you are splitting that cable to separate amps, then its good to fuse it again from that point. regardless of how much power you are using. its always better safe than sorry.

for example, lets say god forbid somehow you accidently touched the + and - on one of your amps, you will cause a short and even though its fused at the battery, still a good chance you will fry your amp. now if you have a separate fuses for each amps at the distroblock, then your other amp is safe at least.

Silver Member

Post Number: 125
ya I see thx. i actually did that the other day with this lil 4 channel pioneer. it was bridged to 2 channels, 1 bridged per 6x9 in my trunk. The whole screw that screws the wire down came off a 4 gauge ground wire, which touched the red power wire... or the redp ower wire came loose and touched the - something like that. melted the wires.. a big melty piece of copper for the ground and the power was all melted, but i still screwed it down . since i only had a 200 amp or whatever fuse in the hood, it didn't break it.

I will remember this when i finally move all my amps and caps from inside to the trunk

Gold Member

Team RD, Texas

Post Number: 2650
actually I'll be using 0ga and 4ga..but whatever lol.

hey Chad/Rovin, for that fused distro, do I get fuse sizes according to the Out or In?

meaning do I get two 125amp fuses or two 200amp fuses?

that's a great deal btw Rovin, I never even thought to check knu to see if they had fused distros.

I would get this one right?:

KonFUSED 2 way distribution system

Gold Member

Team RD, Texas

Post Number: 2651
bump

Platinum Member

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 13461
''''hey Chad/Rovin, for that fused distro, do I get fuse sizes according to the Out or In? '''''

fused distroblocks come standard with either MINI ANL or AGU type fuses ....so it doesnt really matter if its a 0 to 2 4g or 1 4g to 2 8g or whatever other combo

u need to get a fuse to match which amp goes which which side ....ex if u have a 2 fuse d\block & 2 amps & 1 amp has a 60A fuse & other amp has a 125A u simply buy a 60a & 125A fuse .....

Platinum Member

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 13462
look at the diagrams here :
http://www.bcae1.com/fuses.htm ...

Gold Member

Team RD, Texas

Post Number: 2653
"u need to get a fuse to match which amp goes which which side ....ex if u have a 2 fuse d\block & 2 amps & 1 amp has a 60A fuse & other amp has a 125A u simply buy a 60a & 125A fuse ....."

that answers my question completely, I was under the impression that with a distro you get fuses based off of wire rating not amp rating. Knu asks you to select the fuse you want when buying both the amp kit as well as the distro, just wanted to make sure before I bought anything.

Gold Member

Team RD, Texas

Post Number: 2654
according to that bcae page, it seems to me that he is saying you should use the proper fuse rating according to the wire size, i.e. 125amps for a 4ga wire, and not the amp rating of the amplifier

Gold Member

Team RD, Texas

Post Number: 2656
bump

Gold Member

Team RD, Texas

Post Number: 2664
bump please?

Silver Member

Post Number: 127
here u go thieves.. bump!!!

Gold Member

Team RD, Texas

Post Number: 2678
thanks HaKa, I'd really like to get these questions answered for sure, as I should prob be ordering the kit and distro soon.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19783
thieves, here's the pic of the distro block i have. you can use this for ground.

Upload
Upload

Gold Member

Team RD, Texas

Post Number: 2687
looks good chad! thanks again!

hoping to get everything this weekend if not by monday or so at the latest if lazybum gets off his azz already.....ugh.

you should like my amp rack:-) not totally sure how it's gonna look, but I will post pics of hopefully 1% tint as well as uncarpeted test fitting for the amp rack this weekend:-)

Gold Member

Team RD, Texas

Post Number: 2688
that chrome will work well as I think I may be visiting oznium soon as well.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us