24" or 26" rims

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 2531
Im going to making alot of extra money with my jobs this summer and since im living in the frat house next year ($800 for the semester instead of $859 a month where im at now, haha) ill be saving ALOT of cash. Im going to either get a black 05-06 Escalade EXT or black 07 Chevy avalanche and need to know if i should go with 24" or 26" rims. Since im actually going to be driving it alot im thinking ill do 24" because i hear the ride is sh!t on 26". Does anyone have any opinions on what i should look at doing or what brands i should look into?

Chrome 24" no more than $4000 with tires
chrome 26" no more than $5000 MAYBE $5500 if there really sick.

Also there is still the slight chance i might get a new F150, F250, or Linclon Mark LT because we get ford discounts but im pretty much stuck on the EXT or Ava.

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

Santa Ana, Ca Resonant Eng...

Post Number: 1877
I have an 2006 Avalanche and i love it. I hope later on this year i can get some 26 big homie.
Here is a link to the rims i'm talking about.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2356239

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 2749
i'd have to say the 07 ava, i like em more, but then again either one would be sick. what jobs are you gonna be working?

go 24s, 26s are huge and look sweet, but 24s are still really big and look really good as long as they're nice lookin rims...

just for fun, i bet you could pick up 4 22" stock 07 escalade rims for cheap bc so many people upgrade rims on those and go way bigger, the stock 22s would be cheap and look really nice. not to mention the escalade rims on the ava would be unique.

Gold Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 2345
I would say do the 24s. There's not a huge difference looks wise, but the ride will likely be a lot worse.

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 540
go with the 24"s. my friend has a 07 tahoe and went from 24s to 26s back to 24s cuz the ride is A LOT better with 24s.

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 2750
sorry to dump, but lowlife, is that your truck or just the rims you want. also, is it dropped at all?

jake, i say 22's or 24's and drop it a few inches bc if youre goin from STL to ASU every so often, rollin on 26s on the freeways is gonna suuuuuck...

Gold Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 1253
www.victoriatires.com great place i bought from them 2xs...also check out ebay great deals on there...24s i would go with too since ur gonna be driving alot you said.

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 2533
Those Big Homie rims are pretty clean. i like the 5/6 spoke look alot. Also did you see the port on the box for the L7s? jesus.

Yeah im thinking about doing the 24" just because its easier and cheeper. Then maybe adding some different audio or something custom on the interior.

As far as jobs im going to be a full time laborer and also work with my dad on the side. He does advertising for dex knows, its like the yellow page book.

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 2534
I like the Gianelle Spezia 24" alot and i found a place for under $4000 with tires so as of right now thats what im looking at.

What about brake upgrades???

Gold Member

Post Number: 1878
Cal no that's no my truck. I love those rims if you see the lip on the back tire you will know why. The lips is around 6 inch but looks bigger.

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 877
Definatley go with 24s. If i was you i'd do the 07 Tahoe with black on black instead of black on chrome.. but that's just preference. the chromies will look sick too.

Anyone every watched Rob and Big? Robs murdered out Tahoe is just sick.. flat black ftw!

If you're getting rims that big upgraded brakes are a must and make sure you either get your speedo adjusted or atleast have an idea of the difference it will make.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Http://www.rdaudio.net...

Post Number: 19658
congrats on getting in to a fraternity.

get the 24s.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7050
Haha damn you guys spend too much on rims........ the ones I'm getting are $360 for the set already got the tires they were $300 for 4.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1879
What size MS?

Gold Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 1254
i think there 15s r 16s for his truck

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7051
He is correct 15"x7 wheel with 235/75/15 tire

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 2753
good point on brakes...if you go like 5 or 6 spoke (which i like more than like fat azz chrome plate rims) you better get some really nice lookin discs and brembo/stoptech whatever but i dont really know much about brake upgrades

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 2068
Why are you guys saying the ride for 26s is goning be bad.... PPl were saying 22s ride was gonna suck when 20s were big

No1 on hear has rode on 26s prove me wrong if you have

the bigest thing to worry about is just quality tires with Curb gaurd on them

as long as you pay attention to where your driving you shouldnt have a problem

But IMO 24s quality 24s not no knock off ghey flat retard looking 24s and lower your truck that would be super cool

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 9060
Upload

Go big or go home.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 4903
First off, I would DEFINITELY go with the 07 Ava if I were to choose between that and the Lade. If you got a chance to get a new body style don't pass it up. I personally LOVE the new F-250. Not to mention you won't have to worry about a body style change for another 5ish years. That truck would look so fly on some 24's and meaty tires. Here's what I'm talking about:

This one is an '05 but you see what I'm getting at.
Upload

Both of these are just nasty. Don't like the wheels black and aluminum wheels, but still.
mac/unknownUpload
2008-ford-f-350-1.jpg.webloc (0.3 k)

mac/unknownUpload
2008-ford-f-350-pickup-26.jpg.webloc (0.3 k)

If you get the Avalanche I would get the 26's if you you want it to fill the wheel well perfectly, but the ride would be a lot worse and you would DEFINITELY have to upgrade those brakes. I know people who have gotten by with 24s and no brakes. I have 22s with no upgraded brakes and they are doing fine after 2 years. I haven't had any problem.

Gold Member
Username: Mygame5982

I Got More Watts Then ..., TEXAS US

Post Number: 2532
get the 24s on the ava.
its a chevy, will last long!!! and the new body styles are badazz

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7059
The rim size doesn't affect the ride the series of the tire does. 75 series tire FTW. Although my truck is so old it don't ride good even with that.

Silver Member
Username: Hittin1

LakeCharles LA., La

Post Number: 113
anything over 20".... is a tad much... or is there such a thing as too much?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4906
There is no such thing..

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 4463
Its 800 a semester to live at your fraternity house???? I'm living in my hosue next year for 520 a month lol. Although it is new and the largest fraternity house in the nation but still..... 800 a semester would be sweet lol. 26s are sweet but idk about the ride. Its the tires more so than the wheels. If you can get the BF goodrich tires. I have nitto 420s, which i like, but I got them because the bf's were to expensive. As for the car.... I'd go after the tahoe.... white with chrome wheels with white accent..

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 3417
lincoln malk lt imo, on 24's and no backseat...

Silver Member
Username: Deadrabit

Post Number: 273
i thought ijust posted on this but i guess not.
other thant spending 5 grand on something like that y don't u get a pair of tc ultras!
with that much money u could get a KILLER system!
i was going to get rims on my car but when u think about it. getting something crazy loud is just sick

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, 148.2 db Mov...

Post Number: 5684
fck the bullsht get 26s!!!!

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 13439
i like to see some rubber rather than a skinny azz tire - id say get 24s .....should = a smoother ride too ......

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, 148.2 db Mov...

Post Number: 5685
"i like to see some rubber rather than a skinny azz tire "

i like to see the rim not the tire :-P

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 13446
well i prefer my car rolls smooth rather than looks super cool but rides like crap ....functionality 5.5\10 & looks 4.5\10 .......

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 2759
if jake is 1. getting an escalade/ava and 2. spending 4000 dollars on rims, all i know is i'm excited to see what the hell kinda system he's about to throw in his new truck.....

btw, i checked out those gianelle rims and they're nice, on ebay, you can get em for 4000 with pirelli pzero neros

Gold Member

Post Number: 2072
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fVOqgFwhW8

GEt and AVAlanche and Throw 30s on it

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Http://www.rdaudio.net...

Post Number: 19675
Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 1886
Reece agree with you. I think truck look sick like that.

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 2539
UPDATE....

I was driving around yesterday looking at cars in scottsdale/pheonix and found a white 07 Lincoln Mark LT with extremely low miles for an awesome price so im going to go drive it today. I didnt really want white...but then again ive never had a white car before so it could be good. Im def doing 24s and maybe lowering the back so its all even.

"No1 on hear has rode on 26s prove me wrong if you have"
I actually have rode on 26" before on a hummer and the ride was pretty crappy, plus he could use alot bigger tires than i could because hummers are massive.

Reece... that truck does look good but its not for me.

Trevor... haha yeah its super cheap to live in the house.

Benjamin and Cal... the system will have some upgrades, but they will all be for a SQ system.

Chadly... as always i like where your heads at, those rims are clean. Congrats on the amp...

Gold Member

Post Number: 4908
Yeah, that truck really isn't my style either, but I would just feel like a badass knowing I could just crush sh1t WITH 24s, haha.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4909
BTW, those Gianelle's are sweet, but you would DEFINITELY have to upgrade your brakes. It will look retarded with such little brake calipers.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2073
This is how I look at rims

No car Manufature has designed a car to ride well on anything over 22s and if it didnt come with those size wheels it wont made for it

used to be 15 then 17 18s 20 n now some 22s on stock trucks

so its gonna ride different regardless so ir dont matter

aight jack i wish i rode on 6s i been on 4s thats all

Gold Member

Post Number: 4914
^ That is why there are after market upgrades. Its is not that cars CAN'T ride well on larger wheels, it just depends on what kind of tires, brakes, and suspension the car has. Honestly, I like the way my car drives with 22" better than with the stock 17s on it.

Username: Turdy

Post Number: 6
big wheels DO NOT make your ride custom! cut=custom. put 18 or 20 inch wheels on your ride and lower it 6 or 7 inches instead. you roll up beside someone on 26s and people will be crawling over the top of them to look at your ride. if you want to be super pimp air bag it and when you roll up and air it out the big wheel guys all of the sudden have somewhere else they want to be 'cause they been played!

Silver Member
Username: Explictx

Glen Burnie, Maryland USA

Post Number: 460
last time i heard when you put rims on a car that didn't come with it, it was custom.

but jake i say 26's on that truck they look good and you could still have a little tire. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2346059

Gold Member

Post Number: 4924
air bags = ghey.

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 886
that 250 Reese posted is sick.. i'm not a ford person but i love that body style. but if i was going to spend that much on offroad oriented upgrades i'd actually want to go offroading.. i'd be way too afriad to get any mud on that thing.

i'm not a fan of air bags either.. air bags are for 2wd mini trucks and ugly riced out civics only (unless you're talking airbag shocks on, say, a mustang with stickies for better drag launches.. but thats a different story). Jakes got the right idea already.. some 24's and drop the back down a bit to make it sit even. i still think you ought to look into new model tahoes.. but that lincoln truck is nice, i must admit.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4929
new model tahoe or ava, either way, would be sick.

Silver Member
Username: Ridinspinnas

Cayuga, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 205
why not 28's?

Post Number: 7
air bag haters=lazy....... pimpin' ain't easy!

Gold Member

Post Number: 4937
air bag are lame. they destroy your car.

Post Number: 8
not if you know how to install them. oh and adding 120 extra pounds of rotating weight per wheel on 26s is easy on a car? the wheels are more stressful to the suspension/brakes than most people know. supension shops LOVE big wheels (more money for them)

Gold Member

Post Number: 4939
why are you still here? air bags are ghey. leave.

Post Number: 9
hey reece, i have as much right to be here as you do . and its spelled G A Y.

Silver Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 577
turdy turd = G A Y

and i spelled it right!

Post Number: 10
yeah, AFTER i told you how! try this one F U C K YOU !!!!!!

Silver Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 579
cute

Gold Member

Post Number: 4941
for letters to make up a word they have to be together..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us