Ne1 willing to give me a step by step...

Silver Member
Username: Audiosaab

Potomac, MD

Post Number: 133
If anyone has any free time to type it, i need a full description of how exactly to get my subwoofers installed within my car....

Heres what i have:

-All power and ground wires run from battery already from last set up

-Cables are already run from last setup from head unit to trunk

-I have 2 12" Alpine Type R's DVC 4ohm's

-I have a Hifonics Brutus 1606D Mono Amp

-I have a Q-Logic 12" Dual Chamber Vented/Sealed Box (Comes with one positive and negative wire for each side to go from the subwoofer to terminal cup, as well as 4 bannana wires [2 black 2 red])

-I have Screws and Mounting Rings

-I have 2 strands of 8gauge Rockford Fosgate Speakerwire 7.5ft ea W/ both a positive and negative end on both...

-And i want to wire all this to a 1 ohm load....

if there is any other materials i need during the installation if your willing to type this step by step up then just add it and ill find/ buy it so i can do this.......i just really want to learn to do it myself and diagrams dont seem to help considering i dont understand what it means to wire the two voice coils together or what i would even use to do that......

thanks

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 8665
"-I have a Q-Logic 12" Dual Chamber Vented/Sealed Box (Comes with one positive and negative wire for each side to go from the subwoofer to terminal cup, as well as 4 bannana wires [2 black 2 red])"

first thing ill say is that sounds like a bandpass box...if so sell the box and make your own for the alpines and it will sound so much better

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7054
Yeah first thing get a proper box built for your subs, prefabs are crap. Bandpass are beyond crap...........

Username: Waresgaragestereo

Fort Valley, GA

Post Number: 10
yes build or have built a box for this.

Bronze Member

Fort Valley, GA

Post Number: 11
common chamber

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7055
It doesn't have to be common chamber either that or devided will work.

Bronze Member

Fort Valley, GA

Post Number: 12
At last, M.S isn't bashing my ideas

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

15 AQ HD3

Post Number: 1864
Wow 8ga for speaker wire?

Gold Member

15 AQ HD3

Post Number: 1865
M.S. stands for Meat Sucker FYI!

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 2327
Sometimes what you may consider an idea is something someone has already tested or knows to be fact, whether true or false.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 15389
8 ga speaker wire is overkill but won't harm anything.

Speaker wiring would be:

Upload

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 13434
go to www.bcae1.com & www.the12volt.com

they have pics & how to's ......

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1021
no no to everyone here guess u never walked into a best buy. his box has a removable port it's in the center of the box made of a plastic just screwed in place. u can go ported by removing it. as was said thought , return it or sell it. that box just won't hit anywhere near as hard as hand built. i've been down the q logic road a few times. i have about 3 out back going to waste and no idea what to do with them since selling around here isn't easy. anyhow the box u have will leak and not be good, just build your own. other then that my best advice is maybe get some smaller speaker guage wir maybe like 6 cause 8 will be just hell to wire in a type r terminal. i tried my 6 and had a hell of a time twisting it real tight so it would fit. also in your type r boxes they came in get the jumpers out and use them. every type - r should have them if bought new. now lastly, u should have in those boxes for the type - r's a nice little diagram telling u how to use the wires and jumpers to wire to 1 ohm. do if you find that it will be easy as hell, i'll see if i can find mine and scan it for you. after a box about all you need is a digital multi meter s you can set you amp up and tune it with a test tone. otherwise you have everything you need.

Bronze Member

Fort Valley, GA

Post Number: 17
Keith,
6 GA speaker wire is even bigger. 8GA would be more easy to hook up to them speakers.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7058
F*ck you twiztid I seem to remember helping you out several times when you were putting your system together. azzhole.

Gold Member

15 AQ HD3

Post Number: 1873

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7061
Seriously what the hell is your problem. You used to be cool anyways....

Gold Member

15 AQ HD3

Post Number: 1874
Dude chill I was jus jokin

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7064
Aw haha my bad dude. Sometimes I just can't tell anymore haha.

There's some people on here who like to make retarded comments about me b/c I call things as I see them and don't say what they want to hear.

Bronze Member

Fort Valley, GA

Post Number: 18
and now, back to the speaker wire... or whatever.

Silver Member
Username: Durski

Post Number: 348
"All power and ground wires run from battery already from last set up "

Correct me if I'm wrong but... from that statement it seems like your ground wire is running from your battery, That's not good. You want the ground to be as short as possible(less than 3 ft), so if you plan on putting your system in your trunk I would find a place to ground in your trunk.

Bronze Member

Fort Valley, GA

Post Number: 22
yss yes yes that ground wire is wwwaaayyy tooo long. like chris said, keep it short, less than 3 feet

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Http://www.rdaudio.net...

Post Number: 19662
what is wrong with grounding straight to the battery? if you think about it, the battery is in the front and if you ground to something in the back, it still has to travel the distance to get to the battery through your car's metal.

now if your ground cable is long and is still grounded to your car's frame then thats a differnt story.

Silver Member
Username: Durski

Post Number: 350
chad - I suppose when you put it like that there's no problem... In all honesty, if you hook everything up and it sounds clean then I don't see a need to mess with it.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7073
" Correct me if I'm wrong but... from that statement it seems like your ground wire is running from your battery, That's not good. "

" yss yes yes that ground wire is wwwaaayyy tooo long. like chris said, keep it short, less than 3 feet "

WRONG and wrong........ grounding to the battery is the BEST possible ground. Chad is right, but using a heavy gauge cable to the battery is actually better than the frame (less resistance).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us