Decision help and comparison

Silver Member
Username: Quirky

SA, Texas

Post Number: 191
Alright, here is what my choices have come down to. All are 15" subs and work with my current amp, Ed Nine.1.

Digital Designs 3515: like it for its cheaper price for a good spl driver. However would like to know how it would be sq wise.

Ascendant Audio Havoc: only recently was recommended to me. Would like to see how it would compare.

Sound splinter PL-R: as far as I can tell it looks like a well rounded sub however would also like to see how it compares to the others.

Fi Car Audio Q15: leaning towards it because of the superior sq but am hesitant of how it will perform spl wise compared to the others.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Http://www.rdaudio.net...

Post Number: 19613
if i had to choose out of those, i'd go with the sound splinter rl-p

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 2525
If you want a havoc 15 dual 2 Andrizzle is selling them for 250 each used. I would contact him if i was you.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19615
that's a good price.

also the dd3515 would be an awesome choice too. rob has them and he said the sq is very nice.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 7549
ROFL, I saw the name NetherDrake and I was like wtf...lol. I figured it had to be you.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19616
lol.

anyways getting back on topic, get the 3515 if you want loud with sq. the rl-p apparently don't get that loud. has killer sq but loudness might not be your cup of tea.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19617
btw rob, netherdrake is my new favorite hero. i am getting good with this hero. i will shock you next time we play.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7015
RL-P or Havoc

The 3515 will lack in SQ compared to those. The Q will sound good but won't be as loud as the above two.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7553
Get the DD or the Havoc. Personally...I'd go with the DD despite what people say about it's SQ.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7554
Oh and Chad, I doubt I'll be shocked haha.

Silver Member

SA, Texas

Post Number: 192
haha so lots of mixed opinions. sounds like the DD 3515 is at the top of choices. 250 for a havoc is pretty good though and ill have to pm Andrizzle. thanks for the input.

Silver Member

SA, Texas

Post Number: 193
umm i called around town and the cheapest i could find the DD 3515 was 500. i was thinking they were 250-300, ouch. Anyone know a dealer that can get them cheaper?

Silver Member

SA, Texas

Post Number: 194
found a place at 420 but still $$$. anyone selling them?

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7019
Again, RL-P or Havoc. And have you considered a MAG? If not you should.

Silver Member

SA, Texas

Post Number: 196
I havent but ill look into it. Whats MAG made by or is that the company? Thanks M.S.

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Team RD, Texas

Post Number: 2610
for that price, I would look into the Revolution Design Alpha, although I've never heard the DD

Gold Member

Team RD, Texas

Post Number: 2611
Stereo Integrity MAG

Silver Member

SA, Texas

Post Number: 198
I wish but I don't have enough power for that driver. Bummer, Andrizzle already sold both his Havocs.

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 2747
you have the perfect amount of power for the mag fyi

personally i would consider the SS RL-P or the SI Mag but i'm a sql leaning more toward sq kinda guy.

Gold Member

Team RD, Texas

Post Number: 2612
the nine.1 would be just fine for the single spider Alpha (which has more SQ than the dual spider)

single=1000wrms
dual=1500+wrms

Silver Member

SA, Texas

Post Number: 200
Thanks Thieves and cal. I have no idea where to get a single spider alpha. Is the single spider just SVC vs. the regular DVC?

The Mag is way 2 $. or at least the ones i found- $500.

so far its still up in the air. I really only want 2 spend 300 which leaves me with the SS RL-P or Havoc both at $340. Not to mention the FiQ at but i have a feeling its spl is not enough. Maybe its worth waiting for a DD 3515.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 8658
the new mag 12 will be just under 275 shipped

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 528
theres i think 2 people selling MAGs on this forum...and ya 275 shipped is a H3LL of a deal on the sub that it is. it will amaze you on 1000wrms...well so ive heard lol

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 9044
^^Word. If your looking for a sub with real good sq and still can get loud, then I highly recommend the current Mag. You can find them used for $200-$300. I got mine for $200 picked up which is a steal for this sub.

The new Mag, from what I've read, excels in small boxes. It seems like a great fit for someone who is doing a nice sq install. Great sub for a sealed box and only needs 500-600rms, even though it is rated at like 800-900 I think.

You can contact Kevin at Low-Hz or Steve Miller of RD about the Alpha.

Are you looking to just get loud as hell without a care to sq or do you want a nice sq oriented system or a mix? That will help us help you

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 530
^bingo

what do u want?
SPL-loud
SQ-sound quality
SQL-a mix of both

tell us what you are looking for and we can steer you in the right direction.

Silver Member

SA, Texas

Post Number: 201
i am looking for sql. I really just want to do it right this time. I listen to both rock and rap so having a good SQ is important. I also have focal components. The SQ is important but to a cretin extent. Unfortunately i have never heard a sq based system so im in the dark on what true sound quality sounds like. SPL is very important to me but i'm unsure of the level of sq that i need due to the fact i have nothing to judge it off. I dont believe i need 100% sq but i do want them to pound hard.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 13431
looks like just me alone but id pick Fi Q since i prefer sq to loud anyday......

Silver Member

SA, Texas

Post Number: 203
i always wanted the Fi Q but recently i have wanted to explore and see what else there is to offer. Like i sad, its hard on me bc i have never heard any of these subs, and i dont know what a good sq sub will sound like compared to an ok sq sub with good spl.

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 3433
Kicker CVX

If you don't think the Fi Q's will have the SPL you want get the Fi BL's.

Silver Member
Username: Imi4tth3w

San Antonio, Texas USA

Post Number: 144
Just talk to James and getting a dd3515 I'm sure he can hook you up

Silver Member

SA, Texas

Post Number: 205
i did. the only price he could get me was as high as anyone else.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7578
I'd look into an Alpha or maybe even an SX. A used sub can be bought at a good price.

Silver Member

SA, Texas

Post Number: 206
from DD "Good Morning Ben,

Thank you for your inquiry about our products. We do have a 3500d motor we can build a 15in" for you for $350 plus S&H. If you have any other questions please feel free to contact us back."

What is the difference in D series vs E? important?

Gold Member

Post Number: 7593
Haha, what a funny and interesting post you just made Ben. I talked to DD a few months ago and I believe it was Steve who told me they had a shelf of DD motors and subs that people had sent in and never called back or gave them contact info that had been sitting for years haha. I mentioned that they should sell some of those subs and it seems like they're doing just that now haha.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7594
Motor strength differs and cooling is different as well. The D motor had a triple stacked polished motor and the E I believe has a double magnet.

Silver Member

SA, Texas

Post Number: 209
In the end i guess its not worth ordering the D then if i can get an E series for $50 more with no shipping.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 4891
It really just depends man. I think a lot of people differ SPL from loudness. Are you trying to hit high numbers on a TL or what? I would personally go with the Havoc. There are also more options beyond just the DD, Havoc, and Q. The Alpha would seem to be a good choice. The SX is a good choice and you could also look into the new RD Elite (though I'm sure prices are high).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us