JBL GTi Comps: Are these....

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 2744
the ones everyones been talking about it seems?

http://cgi.ebay.com/JBL-C608GTi-MkII-6-1-2-GTi-COMPONENT-SPEAKER-SYSTEM-6-5_W0QQ itemZ170204156467QQihZ007QQcategoryZ32819QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

am i correct in saying these are the ones people have kinda been 'raving' about recently. how would they match up to like some HEX s600s or some Alpine Type-X comps or some JL XR's (comps i've actually heard)

also, how are the GTi series subs...i know the boston acoustics g5 is in the same league as the w6, what other subs are in there and are the GTi's even close.

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 2745
?

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Http://www.rdaudio.net...

Post Number: 19596
yes

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 9038
Those would be them.

Don't get them though Cal, cause I might be getting them lol.

The GTi subs have very nice sq on them from what I've read. Can't compare them to the G5 or the W6 though cause I haven't heard it.

Gold Member
Username: Mike11202

DD9515G VFL 200.1 = : , Sewell, NJ US

Post Number: 1612
Nah I wouldn't recommend them, i heard the tweeter is very harsh.. doesn't sound that great.

If you want JBL go for their high-end set: 660 GTi

I've owned the 12" GTi, does have great SQ but doesn't mean the comps do too. Only thing their mid-level comp set is good for is the midbass. Now the REAL GTi set the 660 is where its at, has won many SQ competitions.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 4853
I've heard a couple installs with those GTIs.. tweet is only harsh if they are in the wrong locations.. if you find them harsh you can just go -3db on the xover or w/e you need

but they do sound amazing for the price

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 2762
whoa the 660's are 1000 bucks though ahha, little outta the price range if i was planning on changing anytime soon...

yanks, sell the mag, get 2 sets of HEX s600s and get 3 10" G5's and dynamat the sh!t outta your scion....please?

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 4855
why spend the money on diamond when jbl is the same equipment at half the cost? lol :-)

Gold Member

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 9063
"yanks, sell the mag, get 2 sets of HEX s600s and get 3 10" G5's and dynamat the sh!t outta your scion....please?"

I'm on it man :-)

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Http://www.rdaudio.net...

Post Number: 19712
yanks the other day i heard a scion tc with a jl 13w7 in a sealed box firing up. let me tell you it was awesome. the sq was just insane.

Gold Member

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 9064
Nice man. I bet it did sound nice. Not as nice as my Mag though lol.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us