Tradeing two w3v3.8 for custom box

Silver Member
Username: Quirky

SA, Texas

Post Number: 186
Do you think this is an alright trade? I'm about to propose trading two 12" W3v3.8's, barely seen power, for a custom ported box to a guy I know. I don't know how else to get rid of them and I'm short of $.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 2 DD3515s, 2...

Post Number: 6226
When you say custom ported box...what do you mean?

Size?
Tuning?
Vehicle it's built for?

I know of ALOT of shops that sell a pretty much generic build box and call it 'custom'. Many shops just punch out a decent single and double 12" box and sell it as 'custom' even though they build the same box for every sub and vehicle.

Silver Member

SA, Texas

Post Number: 187
its going to be the basic shape, but yes tuned and put to specs. I'm going to make sure he doesn't rip me off. however he keeps trying to push me away from my Fi Q and towards DD. Says DD, hasn't given me a series yet, will be a lot louder and the sound quality will be close. Thoughts?

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7008
A lot louder, yes. SQ close, no.

But you might look into a SoundSplinter RL-P or Ascendant Audio Havoc. Those subs will similar SQ and are a little more efficient (louder).

Silver Member

SA, Texas

Post Number: 188
AA caught my attention but i dont have any prices on them. how much would a 15" havoc run?
I want to stick around my price range of 300 and needs to be compatible with my amp the ed Nine.1. 1200 @ 1 ohm.

Silver Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 860
a 15" rlp is 335 from soundsplinter
you might be able to find used one though

Silver Member

SA, Texas

Post Number: 189
thanks. they look good and everything matches up however its hard to buy subs from a brand that I've never seen or for that matter heard. Can i get some more input from others on the soundsplinter rlp line.

Silver Member

SA, Texas

Post Number: 190
There specs look good and from the little ive heard about them they are good drivers. Can anyone who has heard both the RLPs and Fi's Q compare for me. Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us