Advice on pairing with ED Nine.1

Silver Member
Username: Quirky

SA, Texas

Post Number: 176
I really want to get a Fi BL15 but its options are only 1 and 2 ohm. I have an E.d. Nine.1 and could run it at 1 ohm but am unsure how stable it would be.

I know its slim but if anyone knows Scott or his company is there a way to order a 4 ohm BL?

Or, would my ed nine.1 be ok at 1 ohm?

If either. Can someone reference me to a 15" sub that has around 1000rms that i can wire to 2 ohms (DVC 4 ohm or SVC 2 ohm). yes im looking decent quality in sound and not strictly SPL. price range 200-300.

Thanks guys

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 5920
the nine.1s' fine at 1ohm, i mean it is rated as 1ohm stable. just get a dual 2ohm bl and run it at 1ohm.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 7515
Haha. A 1 ohm stable amplifier WILL run all day at 1ohm unless you're doing something retarded.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 9013
Did someone at a shop tell you dont run amps at one ohm? That amp will be fine running at one ohm with no problems. But if you really only want to run that amp at two ohms then just get a dual one ohm sub and wire it to two ohms. By the way i would get the q over the bl because it sounds like you want sq over spl

Silver Member

SA, Texas

Post Number: 177
Thats good to hear it will be fine at 1 ohm all day. So I can wire a 1 ohm DVC at 2 ohms? and ya I can't make up my mind whether I want the Q or the BL. I want my sub to sound great sq wise but i also want to hit high decibeles. however i've been wanting a Q for a long time and just recently thought about the BL thinking its sq will be higher than average anyways.
What would be recommended, wiring at 1 ohm or 2 ohms? is there any pros to wiring at 2 ohms? Its rated to put out 900 @ 2 and 1200 at 1, either are fine to push a Q or BL at their 1000wrms.

Silver Member

SA, Texas

Post Number: 178
bump. 1 or 2 ohm?

Silver Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI United States

Post Number: 525
no difference. just do 1. get more power.

Silver Member

SA, Texas

Post Number: 179
alright thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 9017
There is a difference between 1 ohm and 2 ohm.

Dual 1 ohm lets you wire to .5 ohm or 2 ohms. While dual 2 ohm lets you wire to 1 ohm or 4 ohm. If I were you, I would get a dual 2 ohm version of whichever sub you finally decide on and wire it to 1 ohm to get 1200rms out of that amp.

Silver Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI United States

Post Number: 526
i meant wire it to 1 ohm not dual 1 ohm sub.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 4828
get the dual 2 and run that amp at 1ohm .. i have two of the nine.1s .. they are built to run 1 ohm

if you decide you upgrade later get another dual 2 sub.. and another nine.1 then strap the twp amps at 2 ohm for the subs.. perfect match

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6989
The only pro to running an amp at a higher impedance is efficiency goes up. But not enough to make it worth it. Run it a 1 ohm to get the most power.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us