Wiring Help Experts Please?

Silver Member
Username: Audiosaab

Potomac, MD

Post Number: 125
So i have 2 type R 4ohm 12" subwoofers mounted in a q logic dual chambered box.....

the box internally is, if i remember wired in parallel from the terminals to the subwoofers (though if there is a way to check without unscrewing them from the box i would appreciate hearing about it)....

the amp, mounted to the side of my trunk though it is placed differently within the diagram is a Hifonics Brutus 1606D Monoblock...

So i bought 2 Gauge wire made by rockford fosgate for it, being a nice small 15foot length and cut it in half to two 7.5 foot wires which have both positive and negatives....

Now if i wanted to do this at a 1 ohm load would i take each stripped positive on each 7.5ft wire, and connect it to the positives on the box on each terminal for each subwoofer and then connect them both to the positive on the amp and then likewise for the negatives?

Im only asking this because when placing them onto the amps it seems like i would be stacking the two wires (one from each side of the subwoofer box) on top of each other and am unsure if this is supposed to be how it happens

Thanks if you can help

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 13410
once all the + wires are connected together(& same for the _ wires) on the amp , the amp will se 1 ohm & u will be good to go ......

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2417
you can check the ohm load using a DMM.

And with the amp, if you are saying that t has two postive and 2 negative outputs and you are using all 4, you dont have to. Just use one of each.

I think thats what you are asking. If not, sorry

Silver Member

Potomac, MD

Post Number: 126
Upload

im talking i have terminals on each side of the box and only a single place for the wires to go on the amp so do i just stack the wires on top of each other or what when screwing them into the amp?

Silver Member

Potomac, MD

Post Number: 127
refreshing, sorry guys dont mean to randomly post, just looking to do this by the end of the week and dont much want to screw up

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1018
1. q logic boxes suck i have 2 sitting there since i built a custom. but heres awhat i did when i ran them. i drilled a small hole in the dual chamber. ran my positives to one chamber and used the positive terminal on the left side and the negitives i ran to the negitive terminal on the right side. with a hifonics amp though the one ur talking about is one channel meaning if you connect the 2 woofers to the amp u only need to connect what ever pos and negitives u have. you don't need to break them up over the 4 terminals on the q logic box. so like this, once say ur all wired to 1 ohm just take the pos and neg from your box and hook them to one terminal set on the SPEAKER terminal on the amp. the reason i'm emphasizing this you talk like your going to wire this to the power spots on your amp. i mean 2 guage is huge !, are you sure you have your guages correct? 2 guage will NEVER fit in those terminals, this is why i'm asking are you sure you got everything right ?

to everone else reading what he's talking about with wiring is the q - logic enclosure had a sealed dual chamber molded to one if i read right. so each chamber though had terminal cups meanign each chamber has a pos neg set. that's a total of 2 negitives,2 positives, so he's asking if you need to wire through those.

Silver Member

Potomac, MD

Post Number: 128
k, to fix what im saying Keith, first off i know the boxes suck, unfortunately im a poor college student who is also an "out of stater" and an engineering major so i dont really have time or the money to get/ make a custom box.

The box i have by Q-logic is the 12" version of this
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7008533&st=q-logic&lp=7&type=product&cp=1&id=1099392684206
where youll note the terminal cups are placed on each side, one for each subwoofer.

The speaker wiring i got i am actually unsure of the gauge, it may be 4 or 6 possibly (id know but my car is not near me atm since im at my school) but it is within the 4-6 range i think.

The thing im asking though is, with that speaker wire which i split from the 15FT coil into two 7.5Ft strands both containing a positive and negative end (the wires are wrapped within a lining rockford fosgate provides over them so that they arent running everywhere in the car).....

am i able to do this:

Upload

Which would be taking the positive from each individual terminal cup and each negative and just screwing them both (one on top of the other) into the speaker screw in area on the amp or would this be bad? because the box i have has a bandpass chamber which im not looking to A)screw through or B) run a wire through

Silver Member

Potomac, MD

Post Number: 129
o and if the picture is unclear, the wires going to the right subwoofer terminal would be placed on the right side and likewise with the terminal cup on the left end of the box for the left subwoofer...

Silver Member

Potomac, MD

Post Number: 130
So for lack of better expression would this work

Upload

Silver Member

Potomac, MD

Post Number: 131
refresh, is this pic above possible with the box guys or am i going to mess up my system trying to wire it at one ohm with both the wires from each subs individual terminal cup going to the amps terminal and stacking them?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us