+ to + and - to - in components

Silver Member
Username: Durski

Post Number: 343
I hooked up some 6x9's with little tweets built into them (i think that makes them components?) for rear fill over the weekend. Problem is I don't know what was + or - coming from the factory wire harness. I know if you mess this up in subs they sound terrible and you def. know if you have it right or not right away, but how do you check this on components?

They don't sound terrible, but not exactly crystal clear either... 97 honda accord if that helps

Silver Member
Username: Durski

Post Number: 344
btw I tried hookin up the wires in different configurations and could not hear a difference, they're older, used pioneer 6x9's, maybe that has something to do with it, but they're in great cosmetic condition...

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6111
see if they play inverted or normal go to the12volt.com they have wiring diagrams.

and if the tweeters are built in they arnt components they are coaxil

Silver Member
Username: Caraudio

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 803
yeaa to the speakers i just stuck on what ever because nothing sounded differnt or anything. I guess it doesnt matter much with Speakers pushing what 25RMS?

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7138
Haha it should matter. If it doesn't it's because you just stuck your speakers somewhere without a real enclosure, in which case you'd get no midbass out of the anyways.

Silver Member
Username: Caraudio

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 806
Well yea i didnt get no baffle or enclosure or anything... I just replaced the stock speakers and put dynamat around the area.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us