B-stock NINe.1 warranty?

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1293
Anyone know how long the warranty is on the b-stock 9.1's? How is ED with their warranty's, do they honor them pretty well? I've heard their kinda a shady company in all so thought I would ask. $250 shipped sounds like a descent deal to me too.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6966
They have had major customer service issues, I don't trust them.

BTW warranties on amplifiers are pretty useless IMO. They don't cover user error, and if you buy a good quality amp it's not going to blow up by itself.

Silver Member
Username: Imalik

SD2.5......ED9.1=Boom, New Jersey Lord Protect...

Post Number: 580
1 year on the B stock amps

Gold Member

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1295
Another questions, I've heard they do rated power, so this would be comparable to an acuratly rated 1400w @ 14.4v amp, since the ED is rated @12.5v?

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 2282
People have clamped them around there I believe. Someone squeezed out 1600 cleanly though. They seemed to have cleaned up their act when it comes to customer service and stuff. My eD stuff has been great.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6971
Clamped? A clamp meter will tell you how much current the amp draws, but you can't use that to benchtest it........

Gold Member

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1299
Well I guess I'm debating between this and an AQ1200D. I noticed the ED claims 64% efficiency and the AQ claims 84% efficiency @ 4 ohms, but the ED does not say what ohm. Any idea on what the efficiency of the AQ might do @ 1 ohm? Will they both be about the same efficiency? Am I being to @nal about this lol...? I'm running a stock 105a alt, so I just want to be safe.

Gold Member

BC Canada

Post Number: 2302
I was under the impression that clamped was a term that people used for benched as well.

Couldn't an AC clamp meter, resistance, and an o-scope give you the power output?

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6978
Resistance of a speaker changes as the speaker moves, thats why resistors have to be used for benchtests.

There is no need for a clamp meter for the measurement, you just need a regular DMM.

And then of course a scope.

And a REALLY big power supply that will hold voltage steady under the maximum current draw of the amp. (a car electrical system will not)

Read this page especially the beginning and end it will answer most question about benchtests

http://www.bcae1.com/measpwr.htm

Gold Member

BC Canada

Post Number: 2304
"Resistance of a speaker changes as the speaker moves, thats why resistors have to be used for benchtests."

That's why I said RESISTANCE. I didn't say impedance.

A source of power that could hold the voltage went without saying.

That said a clamp meter or a volt meter would work.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 7529
Lol.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6988
" That's why I said RESISTANCE. I didn't say impedance. "

Resistance = the opposition to the flow of DC

Impedance = the opposition to the flow of AC

With an amp connected to a resistor instead of a speaker it is still producing AC current.

What I meant to say was " Impedance of a speaker changes as the speaker moves, thats why resistors have to be used for benchtests. "

The impedance of the resistor remains constant. (not counting the slight change caused by heat as the resistor heats up)

Gold Member

BC Canada

Post Number: 2313
Ah. I've always used impedance for reactive loads and resistance for constant. Thanks.

But a clamp meter will work. You are just measuring a different variable in Ohm's law.

While you're here, what would you want for one of those touch-screen computers? You have more than a few people interested.

Gold Member

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1310
So are the 9.1's efficient? or are they kinda power hungry?

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6992
^^^^ The latter

Cam:

I believe I have about 20 of those things left. Right now similar units are selling for ~$150 on ebay but I will cut a deal for fellow ecoustics members :-), lets say $100. I'd may even discount more if anyone buys multiple units.

Right now I'm at school and they are at home, so I couldn't ship them until the end of April when I'm home. I can get some pics for you then also. I'd have to look at one to get you exact specs, but I think they are pentium 3 cpus, win xp, don't remember how much ram, 2 usb port, parallel, serial.

I'm going to take one apart and see if I can separate the screen from the rest of the unit and extend whatever cable it uses so they could be mounted separately.

Gold Member

BC Canada

Post Number: 2318
Awesome. Sounds great. Try and post a thread when you get one apart, eh? Please reserve one for me.

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 3422
Not a fan of ed stuff,Run with AQ

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7006
Sure thing man. I will let you know around the end of April.

Gold Member

BC Canada

Post Number: 2319
Good stuff. I'll make sure to have the mullah.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 7580
ED makes decent BUDGET equipment.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us