Going Gold with a ?

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1000
Ok so i got tired of waiting around for chad to hit 20,000 to put my 1000th post in it. so i'll do it like this. i got some real a$$holes commenting on my youtube vid yesterday telling me that i'm going to blow my Type - R on a hifonics 1606D and that the woofer can't take 1000 rms it's rated at 500 rms nothing more and the 1500 watts is peak power that the r can take for a few second burst. now by what i learned from hear this is bull$hit. i stated that it can take it as longer as the user dosen't abuse it. i had to replace my woofer under warrenty cause the damn magnet came loose on me. but as i was saying what's your opinion is this guy right or just being a azz?

Gold Member

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1001
btw Gold !

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

All he does is catch t..., Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 14111
i never used a type r but...i wouldnt throw more then about 800rms to one...but what are the vc configs on the sub?? how do you have it wired??

Silver Member
Username: Ducka

Shelby Township, MI United States

Post Number: 209
I have heard of someone putting (as I remember) 3000rms watts to 1 type-r (obviously for burps). I have freqently heard they are very under rated for power. I plan on powering 2 with around 1000rms each. They are very durable subs... so what im trying to say is that those "@$$holes" on you tube are in fact @$$holes.

Silver Member

Post Number: 210
ps:

Do you have the link for your video?

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

Santa Ana, Ca Resonant Eng...

Post Number: 1842
were is the link??

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Http://www.rdaudio.net...

Post Number: 19555
"Ok so i got tired of waiting around for chad to hit 20,000 to put my 1000th post in it"

sorry guys. i got caught up in march madness and the crazy nba western conference playoff race. lol. also when i am at work i am usually on the lakers forum. lol.

anyways, i had a jl1000/1 hooked up to a single type r 12 before. i had no problems. you just gotta know what you are doing i guess. lol.

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin MY SUBS GET ...

Post Number: 1727
Link us the video.

Silver Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI United States

Post Number: 520
yeah i think they are retards. look how much power this guys giving his 2 type r's.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=uGjbwq--fR0

Gold Member

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1004
alright , i'll re link it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzekJryotLE

what irritates me is at the time the video was shot the amp just came in and i was just showing the new amp off. hell i even gave ppl advice and box plans then 2 azzholes just start blastin me out of nowhere and don't even have videos. i could see if they had maybe a video or something but not even a thing to back them up.

Gold Member

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1005
oh i forgot to say it's dual 4 wired to 2 the amps rated at 1100. it's a hifonics 1606 d and i know the amps overrated so i'm prob lucky to get near a 1000 on stock electrical but the cars just not worth putting any money into. the thing that i don't get is why blast me i mention all this when people ask about it.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 9005
Who cares what those kids are saying. Half the people who comment on videos on YouTube have no idea what they are talking about. No sense in arguing with them dude. Those are the kind of people that need to be an azzhole to feel alive.

Silver Member

Post Number: 215
^ x2

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 15248
Just remove the comments and block the users.

Gold Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 1225
LMAO i started crackin up when i saw this comment....

"BTW, those NAS floor mats really make that car look fast."

obiviously a bunch of idiots who dont know anything, "NAS" lmao wow...its NOS.....

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 2279
I've noticed a lot of people just go on Youtube and make c0ck-bag comments. They must suffer from low self-esteem. There was an 8 year-old who posted a video of himself dirtbiking and they started telling him he sucked and it was a worthless video. X 9999999

Anyway, completely off-topic, but where is the Keith who worked for Kicker? He used to put "wheeeee" at the end of his posts?

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1297
I saw one of Steave meades video's on youtube, and there were a few idiots saying his stuff was weak. Just goes to show what the majority of people on youtube actually know.

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1218
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/index.php?showtopic=18192

Here's a guy who ran 2 15" type-rs off an American Bass 500.1@.5 ohm.
Even after rise and voltage drop those subs are getting over 2000rms each. I will say the guy knows what he's doing more than most though..

Gold Member

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1008
thanks guys, yea i blocked them but left the comments up just for the hell of it. but yea the 1000 watts to a type - r seems fine i haven't experienced any problems even when i was running it full on out. my speakers distorted before bass it just seemed to get better and better. but since the magnet fail i'm goin easy till i get enough money to consider a tc sound.

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 2287
Too many haters to worry yourself with. The fact that the majority of people on sites like that and those interested in car audio are these closed-minded, ignorant, following the dude with the most posts types.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us