New Toy :-)

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 2 DD3515s, 2...

Post Number: 6217
Well, my uncle works for a cell phone company and they were cleaning out a storage area so ALOT of older test equipment was going in the dumpster tomorrow. I just happened to drop by his house Saturday and he told me about em. Well, awhile back I told him I was looking for an O-Scope if he came across a used one...he said there may be an old one there in the storage.

So, today we went to the storage place and started digging. There were 5-6 older cell tower testing units and I just happened to find an o-scope! Looked like it was in good shape but I didn't test it.

I asked him again, "are you sure this is getting thrown away?" He said yes, its all going in the dumpster out back as soon as we get to it! So, that sucker went in my truck!

I started looking it up a few mins ago to get some info one it. Its a Motorola R-2001D. After alil searching, I found a place or 2 that said it sold new for $15K!!!

I nearly shvt myself!

If this is true...OMG!
This sucker is going up for sale and I'm giving him half cause I'm cool like that :-)

So, please help me find some more info in this testing unit!!!!!

MOTOROLA R-2001D

thanks

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 2273
HOLY F.CK. That's nuts. No; that's nucking futs. Damn. What a score, man. Congratulations.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6218
I have been digging on it and found some it for sale used for ~$2.5K.
But then on other places its ~$5.5K!!!

I am going to test it out tomorrow at the shop.
If I can sell this thing, it looks like I just found the $ for an S10 ext cab!

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 3411
karma baby.... good things happen to good people

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 3620
My first thought was -- What kind of dumbass threw that away? You should be able to get 3k if it is in decent shape. If it is mint then you're looking at a treasure. Also checks the serials and markings to see if it is one of the rare ones. I used one of these when I worked for Sound Image tech-ing FOH rigs. Even then, it was one of those "wooooooo you have one of those???" type pieces of gear.

You never know what you will walk up on.... it's one of the things that makes life worthwhile.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6219
Brad,

You know of anywhere I can find some info on this thing?

Or better yet, know someone that would buy it?
If its worth that kind of $...I'll sell it 'cheap' :-)

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6968
Man I would have been all over that place.......... it's amazing what companies just throw out.

I've got about 20 of these black rectangular units with BIG touch screens on them, they are full win XP computers, designed to be mounted on a wall to control machinery. My dads company was throwing them out so we grabbed them

They look like with a little modification they could make a good in-car computer....... thats a project I haven't got around to yet :-)

That reminds me I'd sell some of them if anybodys interested.

But anyways nice score finding that scope.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 15249
Good luck with that dude.

The only treasure I ever find is money in the laundry. I'm single so you can understand the disappointment in finding $10.

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 3420
http://www.used-line.com/c5131703s136-Motorola_R2001D.htm

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1298
That is sweet! Man if it was free and had no money in it, I would keep the thing. use it in the shop, charge people money to bench thier amps.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6973
You need a lot more than that to benchtest amps. (Huge power supply and resistors)

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 2295
MS, how much would you want for one of those? I've always thought that a carputer would be awesome. Have you pulled any apart and checked the components? Might be worth it just for the touch screen and the case.

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1567
Hey M.S., I am very interested. I just need the touchscreen lol.

Gold Member

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1306
M.S., I thought he said a while back he had a power supply and resistors (or maybe no resistors), but no scope? I thought it was him atleast.

Gold Member

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1307
Canaan, you do work at a shop correct?

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 13411
if that sh1t works then u r 1 lucky mofo ...

Gold Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

Boca Raton, Florida

Post Number: 1379
YEa M.S. How much would us ell them for?

Gold Member

Post Number: 6221
Yes, I work at alil up and coming shop.
I already had a scope (cheap old Heath Kit), and its fine for setting gains. Nice light, small scope too.

I do have power supply, but no resistors.
A little while back I was looking into building a resistor bank though. May still do it, I don't know.

This Motorola is monsterous.
I am emailing a few electronics repair places to see if they are interested. I am also going to try some of these electronics surplus places.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us