Good 12's for rock/metal?

Bronze Member
Username: Vivi2000

Post Number: 22
My friend is upgrading his system and wants 2 12's for his car. His budget is $150 max for both subs. He doesn't listen to rap or hip hop at all. He already has an enclosure for his current 12's and its a sealed one. Any reccomendations? His current amp can do 120w x2channels at 4 ohms.

Gold Member
Username: Crayola0

Portage, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2351
unless u buy used and get a good deal ur not gunna get much. u could try 2 12" MAW's

Gold Member
Username: Crayola0

Portage, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2352
and it isnt much of an upgrade if he doesnt upgrade his amp. he might as well just save that 150.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
Ok so we are looking at subs online, right now i have picked out these 2
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=17190
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=17404

Would those be good to run on his system? Also which one is better?

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 514
ive heard the kickers ina prefab sealed box with 170rms going to them. surprised me. so my vote is the kickers!!! im not bashing the alpine, ive just never heard them.

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1285
If I personally had $150 to spend on subs, I would just buy 1 good one, instead of buying 2 so-so subs. Just my opinion though.

What amp is it anyways?

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 5919
x2 on just getting a single sub with that budget. would you happen to know what the amp does bridged? or maybe model #?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
I believe that the amp does 240w rms bridged at 4 ohms. Also if you think that one sub would be better do you have any reccomendations? He would need to get a new box also if he just gets 1.

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1287
If the amp does 240w bridged at 4 ohms, then it most likely does 120w x2 at 2 ohms. Really need to know what amp it is, since some brands only subs in 1 voice coil configuration.

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1002
ok i can finally post since i hit gold. 1. do not bye the Type E's they can only take very low punishment on rock. rock is just to fast for them the sec u start turning it up to try and get a little loud they wimp out and distort they have very nice low volume but turn it up around half and they wimp out, just no backbone in them.

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1003
also a box is not universal, it's built to the woofer specs not just a replace and go tool.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us