SPL box

Silver Member
Username: Basebalz13

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 381
iight so now i wanna build a SPL box, and well i dunno where to really start, rite now it is subs up port up, the car is a 2000 mercury cougar, would i gain by going ports up and subs forward? also do you gain anything with like external aeroports?

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 7506
You gain increased volume inside your box with external aeros but you could gain or lose DB depending on what it's tuned to. If you could I'd do subs up ports back and raise the tuning 5hz.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 4813
if you want full spl.. build the box to where the back of the seat is.. seal it off from the trunk and tune the box around 40-44hz.. larger cars tend not to peak too high

sub on each side and port in the middle

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 7509
It's a Mercury Cougar Kevin, it's a hatch.

Silver Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 382
lol yea, its a hatchback

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 3492
I've done a little testing in a tibiron (identical hatches) and found that subs and port forwards was the loudest from the options we had. but didn't gt to test subs for and port up. the hatch on those cars is odd lol

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 3493
I've done a little testing in a tibiron (identical hatches) and found that subs and port forwards was the loudest from the options we had. but didn't gt to test subs for and port up. the hatch on those cars is odd lol

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 8637
if your is like this that hatchback should be your friend

http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/Pictures-t7829-pi12345431-2000-Cougar-2-Dr-V6-Hatch back.html

If I remember the integra set up right my friend had it was subs up port up firing into the hatch and hit a 142 db with a single volfenhag 4812 in a daily box...do that box and port arrangement and you should do well

Gold Member

Post Number: 8638
opps I just reread the post you made and I see you already are doing sub up port up...you could try what hunter said was best next...what subs are you running and what power

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 9001
I know this isn't your car but here are tests done in a Scion TC....a hatchback which is relatively close to your car.

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=15832

Gold Member

Post Number: 8644
nice

Silver Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 384
im running two L715's rite now gettin a ZX1000.1 apeice but im trying to get some more power jus for burps

Silver Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 385
heres wat my car and box look like

Upload

Upload

Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Hittin1

LakeCharles LA., La

Post Number: 99
Very nice.... should be real f'kn loud!!!

Silver Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 386
yea, me and Nick V was talkin yesterday, we came up with a 5.5 cube box net, with 2 6 inch externaly aero's, subs up, port back
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us