Is this possible

Bronze Member
Username: Hittin1

LakeCharles LA., La

Post Number: 87
Both of these enclosures are 6ft^3/ sub I need a enclosure design that would hold 2-12" solo x's... Here's the catch.... I would like the to be able to make the ports interchangeable... 1 for daily and one for comp..
"SPL is the largest and most efficient enclosure design. The SPL delivers the sonic output needed to
win SPL contests and it produces bass notes in a "Livin' Loud" manner. This design is intended for test
tones above 68/56Hz; playing music with frequencies below 68Hz will result in subwoofer damage."

VentedSPL (MaximumEnclosureVolume)
6 ft3 (170L) + port displacement, Fb=68Hz
Port: 250 in2 (1613cm2) area x 9" (22.9cm) long
Power Handling = 2500W Peak above 68Hz

Model:
S12X
VentedSUV (TheOneToDo)
6 ft3 (170L) + port displacement, Fb=45Hz
Port: 60 in2 (387cm2) area x 6" (15.2cm) long
Power Handling = 2000W Peak

Is this possible?

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 7496
Is WHAT possible?

Bronze Member

LakeCharles LA., La

Post Number: 88
an enclosure design that would hold 2-12" solo x's with interchangeable ports ... 1 for daily and one for comp.. built to the port specs listed above...

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6933
I'll bet you don't have enough power for 1 solo X let alone 2

Bronze Member

LakeCharles LA., La

Post Number: 91
W.T.F.? now what would cause you to say that, M.S.? Powering the subs was not even part of the question. Try answering the question or S.T.F.U! Especially if you are gonna come at me with that sh!t!

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 8990
Interchangeable ports are possible....

Silver Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 857
ha relax there mark

and yes it is possible

Silver Member
Username: Ccdoggy

Post Number: 208
Just put 2 ports in the box, each having a specific tune, then stuff the one you dont want to use and there you go. not interchangeable but really easy to do and use.

Silver Member
Username: Ccdoggy

Post Number: 209
and by stuff i really meant plug

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 8627
"Just put 2 ports in the box, each having a specific tune, then stuff the one you dont want to use and there you go. not interchangeable but really easy to do and use."

dont do that

Bronze Member

LakeCharles LA., La

Post Number: 92
i know that interchangeable ports are possible.. but from 60 in^2, 6 in. long to 250 in ^2 and 9" long?..... Would the ports have to be custom made? Depending on the enclosure design. That daily port would have a huge hole to fill.. Reminds me of my 1st wife.. lol I guess Canaan is the man to talk to since he's in my neck of the woods... also those specs are for 1` sub... So would I have to have those interchangeable ports on each chamber?

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 8992
I would definitely talk to Canaan. He designed MS' interchangeable ports for him and has some himself I believe.

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 507
talk to woodlawn or fishercustoms.

i think they've built a few boxes...lol

Silver Member
Username: Ridinspinnas

Windsor, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 215
what kinda amps u gotrunnin the solo x's? 2500s?

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 573
sony 1200 watt amps...cuz they are "top of the line"

lmao jk

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 2 DD3515s, 2...

Post Number: 6239
Mark,
Yes you could do a box pretty close to that, just w/ the daily port you would have to include a dead area block to kill about 1cuft in the box.

Personally, I wouldn't build either of those boxes in your vehicle. Some others may disagree, but I just wouldn't. Especially not the SPL one.

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1576
Marc, M.S. just gets a little touchy sometimes lol. Don't mind him if he says some off topic things.

Anyways, the box is possible to do. Interchangeable ports are not that hard at all. But like what Canaan said, I wouldn't build either of those boxes.

Silver Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 812
hey dude why get upset over MS's question 2 soloxs thats alot of power dude hes just wanting to know whats powing these subs now come on whats pushings these beasts

Silver Member

LakeCharles LA., La

Post Number: 124
lol where to start... Long story short... M.s. as well as most of the regulars on here has seen my vids ofmy solo x's. trying to cure serious roof flexing.. He commented on the vids.. the vids show the amps... Now to address your question Ben.. !st off M.S. did not ask a question.. He made an idiotic statment without knowing or remembering the facts.. 2nd off My reason for starting this thread was about interchangable ports... Not anything to do with powering these subs.. And to come at me with the "i bet u don't have .yadda yadda.." bullsh!t was uncalled for. Now the way you asked about powering the subs was cool... not derogatory.. And to answer your question.. 2- bxi2005d. M.s. has given me advise w/o being a smart azz before... and since this thread was started. His comment just struck me wrong. Besides this stuff is over a week old... I've slept since then....

Silver Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 813
ooo ok thats cool i havent seen you video and think this will be a nice setup as soon as you get the box thing worked out

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1034
Mark , your not the first to run solo X's and not going to be the last. MS gets touchy because we see a bunch of the same guys come back with fried subs cryin about it. most have a hifonics brutus 1606 d and think they can run these and are dead wrong. MS has more experience around amps then u could ask for. so i'd watch what you wish for when telling someone off, MS was only asking cause it's one of the first questions to ask rather then building then buying. cause in the end u might build this enclosure and end up only being able to run one sub then u wasted money and time. solo x's are power whores and from what i seen around here and are far from tanks. you under power, screw with tunings and so on and u might end up burned.

Silver Member

LakeCharles LA., La

Post Number: 125
keith.. No offence bro... but his "touchyness" towards other Solo X owners doesn't concern me. He came at me wrong... end of story.. If you have a question... Then ask... With respect..His experence is no excuse for arrogance. especially when I have enough power to put out better tl #'s than his 145.5.. I have never been rude when I post on someone elses thread. I help when i can.. even if I am not a fan of their name brand equipment. Lets look at this another way.... Say I showed up at his meet on 3/15... There to have a good time like everybody else.. We standind around talking about our systems.. I ask a question about building a different box for my 2 solo's.. does he look me in the eye and say... I bet you dont have enough power for 1 much less two.... Hell no.. My guess is that he would look at my setup and give a recomendation.. And i have noticed that there are alot of people that are inquiring about buying solo x's without understanding what it takes to power them... And i've tried to help explain.. again, with respect... and again.... This sh!t is iver a week old.... He has not been rude since. and quite frankly I've spent too much time explaining the obvious.. Mam, I need another beer. ;8r

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7104
Reason I said what I said, is what Keith just explained.

Two bxi2005's will not fully power those subs but they will do ok. Of course thats assuming you have the HO alt, big 3, etc b/c a stock electrical system definitely will not support those amps.

Almost everyone who comes on here asking about solo X's is a noob who sees them and goes "OMG 5000w sub I need that" and then buys a Boss "2500w" amp for it, blows it two days later and wonders why.

Now obviously you do know what you need just be aware that those subs will have absolutely no SQ.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us