0.5 Ohm Load?

Silver Member
Username: 2000celica

Roanoke, VA U.s.

Post Number: 115
ok so i bought a T5001BD fosgate amp. i just purchased 2 P3D212 RF subs. each sub is in its own ported enclosure. hooking them up in a series they are either going to run at 8 ohm, 2 ohm, or 0.5 Ohm. my question is, can i safely run this amp at 0.5 Ohms? and safely i mean, not hurt my electrical system, not hurt the subs and not hurt the amp itself.

Secondly... if not at 0.5 Ohms, would this amp be sufficient enough to power these 2 subs running the amp at 2 Ohms?

Or thirdly... would i be better off just running one sub off of this amp? if i went that route, would running the amp at 1 Ohm to one P312D2 be too much power for it? and would running it at 4 Ohms not be enough power for the one sub?

What should I do??

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 3413
That RF T5001bd is a little beast.

I would NOT run that RF T5001bd at .5ohm.

I would use one P3 at 1ohm.

If you think its to much for the one sub back of the gain.

Silver Member

Roanoke, VA U.s.

Post Number: 116
yeah i was thinking of setting the gain to push at 500 rms which is what the sub is maxed out at. if doing a test tone and using a multi-meter, what tone should i run to test the voltage with?

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6929
Yeah, don't run that amp at .5 ohm. Regardless of how the gain is set it does not make it any easier on the amp.

Gold Member
Username: Cblaze

Rock island, Tenesssee Us

Post Number: 1936
i wouldnt do it.if a a amp says 1 ohm stable.& you run it any lower .you most likey gonna shorten the life of the amp

Silver Member

Roanoke, VA U.s.

Post Number: 118
yeah im just gonna run the amp to one sub and run it 1 Ohm. I'll adjust the gain so it wont push too much power to the sub. its rated at 500 rms. does the t500 really push a lot more than just 500 rms? if so whats the best way of adjusting the gain so it will produce just 500 or a little over 500 rms?

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6953
You can't run just one sub if they are in a common chamber box......... if there is a devider between the two subs inside the box then you could.

And yes those amps are known to do 700-1000w at 1 ohm.

Gold Member
Username: Cblaze

Rock island, Tenesssee Us

Post Number: 1940
uf u already got the rf amp.get somebody to trade you a kicker zx750.1

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 5240
that amp won't work.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6963
If you have to use that amp all you can do is run it at 2 ohm, it will probably do 300-400w
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us