Car speakers for a dorm room

Silver Member
Username: Nickyp0219

Post Number: 906
Alright guys, you've probably heard of this or shot the idea down before but my roomy is drunk and wants to know:

he wants to mount his car speakers and cd player in our dorm room for next year. He wants to know how to do it if its possible

What he has: Alpine SPS-100A coaxial 2-way speakers 4"
Alpine SPS-130A coaxial 2-ways 5.25"
Pioneer DEH-P3700MP

What does he need: ?
(That is if its possible) doesnt have to sound great but just add more sound to our room

lemme know thanks

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6904
Not worth it, after you buy the battery and power supply you need you may as well have just bought a home stereo

Silver Member
Username: Kingtutus

Lincoln, Nebraska U.s.a

Post Number: 189
u can just buy a receiver, and hook those speakers up to the receiver. make wire them right

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6906
No, most receivers are 8 ohm. Car speakers are 4 ohm.

Silver Member
Username: Charlesbhs

Dallas, Tx USA

Post Number: 506
i hooked up my car speakers to a home reciever a few times, if you have a powerful enough reciever you could i guesss just wire them to 8 ohm. the speakers got damn loud and sounded actuelly pretty nice so it's not impossible but lots of people dont wanna put the time and effort into doing it, its much easier buying home stereo stuff. just my 2 cents

oh and i just got back from mexico and saw they chnaged up ecoustics... seems kinda nice except the relevant product or w/e shows a camera??? lol i didnt know cameras were apart of car audio

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 3405
buy speakers from madisound....

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 3406
fvuck car speakers, they have 4 ohm and 8 ohm speakers too. all different kinds of price ranges. pretty much anything you're looking for. also, great shipping. i've dealt with them a ton.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us