Cheap component set or reg speakers

Silver Member
Username: Dj_excite

Post Number: 153
i was thinking of changing my front speakers in my mazda 3 but i don't know if i should go with a component set or just throw in some infinity 6x8's. I want a component set that has good mids good mid range bass and is pretty decent. I am trying to go cheap as possible so 100$ is my max i don't mind buying old models since i will be searching on ebay.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6103
go with phoenix gold RSD 6.5 comp set thats your best bet at that price point.

Silver Member

Post Number: 154
will these fit the front because i have a choice of either putting in 6x8's or 5x7's would those fit....

Gold Member

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6110
you can make or buy an adapter out of wood to fit the 6x8 stock hole and then cut a hole in that to fit the 6.5s. that is what most people do.

Silver Member
Username: Exige

Cincinnati

Post Number: 194
your gonna need an amp for those....can you budget for that? 100-150x2 is about what you'll need. if you're just looking to take out the stock speakers and put those in....running off the factory HU....don't expect very much from it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 155
yea an amp i can get no prob....my plan was to amp them anyways, they would sound like sht from the HU.

Gold Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1726
Well if you got the 5 and 1/4s you could just buy a cheapo plastic conversion kit from eBay. I believe Metra makes one.

With 6.5's you might have to trim the door some.

Silver Member

Post Number: 157
i don't want to trim at all i won't be putting in 6.5's unless they can mount in the 6x8 hole.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6922
Then get 5 1/4 components and adapters.

And midbass depends on the installation, very little on the speaker. The speakers need an enclosure to perform properly.

Gold Member

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6113
you can fit 6.5 in a 6x8 hole easy no trimming iv done it in several different cars. if you use MDF as a baffle use 1/2 or 3/4 if you got it laying around it depends on your door pannel but it will pace the speaker out enough and fit fine.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us