JL Audio 18w3's or Kicker 15" CVR's

Username: Explorer_18

Hayden, Idaho U.S.

Post Number: 6
I am debating between 2 JL Audio 18w3's or 4 15" CVR's. The JL subs are 4 ohm and the Kicker subs are 2 ohm. Either system I would have it connected to a Kicker ZX2500.1 amplifier. Also the enclosure will be a wall. This is going into a 98 Explorer. Any ideas/information on which subs would be the best sounding and loudest would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Hittin1

LakeCharles LA., La

Post Number: 82
I would think that the 4- cvr's would be louder... more cone movement. but there are other factoer involved...
With the cvr's you could do the voice coils wired in series, speakers wired in parallel
= 1 ohm load
So I would go with the CVR's... gonna need electrical upgrades for that amp if you haven't all ready done so. L8R

Silver Member
Username: Bonhamd

Northern, Michigan USA

Post Number: 556
i wouldnt get either...if the JLs are dual 4...that would be a 1 ohm load. if the 4 CVR15s are dual 2s...that would be a 1 ohm load.

the 2500 is 2 ohm stable.

whats your budget?

Silver Member
Username: Prozack52

Cincinnati, 2-D615D4 Dia...

Post Number: 243
yeah i was going to say kicker is slacking on one ohm stable amp it seems

Hayden, Idaho U.S.

Post Number: 7
My budget for the amp is $750. For the subs I was planning on a total of $800. I already have my electrical system upgraded. I have one JL 18 right now and was wondering if I should add another one or put the Kicker 15's in. What I was planning to do on the wiring to the amp for the JL's was just in a series instead of parallel so then the amp would be running them at 4 ohm stable, which would be 625 watts to each sub. I am open to other options for systems that would be better than this and still in my price range (total of $1600). Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1244
What size alternator do you have?

Gold Member

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1245
What about 4 15" Audioque SD2.5's? It'll be $600+shipping.

Hayden, Idaho U.S.

Post Number: 8
I have a 200 amp alternator and a yellow top battery just for the system. Where can the Audioque subs be purchased from? Thanks.

Gold Member

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1246
http://www.audioque.com/aq/index.htm

Hayden, Idaho U.S.

Post Number: 9
Thanks

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 3404
4 SD2.5 15" on a ZX2500.1 would be like whoa.

Install is VERY important.

Hayden, Idaho U.S.

Post Number: 10
So would the Audioque subs be louder and still maintain sound quality compared to the JL and Kicker subs? I have never heard or seen the Audioque subs before.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us