Connecting two amps?

Bronze Member
Username: Playaward

Breman, Georgia USA

Post Number: 15
I was thinking about connecting two amps. So I will have more watts without buying a new amp. Is this hard ?

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 2503
Can the amps be strapped?

What amps are they?

Bronze Member

Breman, Georgia USA

Post Number: 16
a kicker kx 800.2 and diamond 400.2

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 2504
uhhhh...

What are u connecting them to?

You could use one for a sub and one for speakers. But you cant use them both for subs at the same time. The only way to connect amps is if they are the same exact amp and strappable.

Bronze Member

Breman, Georgia USA

Post Number: 17
So I can run my JL 500/5 too my door speakers then run my kicker kx800.2 bridged to the solo x for temporary..but I really was just wanting to hook two amps to push more power to the 12"

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 8963
Not a chance thats happening.

Silver Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 781
lol got an idea sell th two amps and get a good one for the X

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4842
haha. the 800.2 for a solo x? umm thats not even close to the amount of power you can push into that. get a bigger amp for the solo

Bronze Member
Username: Hittin1

LakeCharles LA., La

Post Number: 80
c'mon Bobby.... I as well as others have explained what its gonna take to push the solo x... what is your budget for your project? what voice coil setup is the solo x? What enclosure do you or are you gonna get for that sub? What electrical upgrades have you done to your truck? If you are dead set on the solo x... EXPECT TO SPEND A LOT OF MONEY AND TIME TO GET THAT SUB POUNDING!!! kx800.2 is NOT EVEN IN THE BALLPARK... I know that you are probably excited to be getting a Solo X.... Lord knows I was! lol But If you are gonna do it..... Do it right and take your time to make sure it is done right. It will save you in the long run and you will be happier.... Hope this help you out... Mark

Bronze Member

Breman, Georgia USA

Post Number: 18
well I heard the 2 ohm x is stronger so that's what I'm going to get and I have a capacitor pushing with my amp.. But getting rid of the kicker amp and JL audio amp could equal up to a nice amp to push the 12" like someone said... Do I need a kicker zx2500.1 are can I buy one of those warhorse amps anywhere cheaper??

Bronze Member

LakeCharles LA., La

Post Number: 84
I haven't heard of thw
warhorse being on sale yet... I seen an ad for them on a thread on herebut as far as I know they are not for sale yet... I have been wrong b4.... lol A Zx2500.1 would be nice but You would need dual 1 ohm subs for it... It is 2 ohm stable.. There are less expencive amps aout there that would do alright for that sub.. I would find a 2000 rms 1 ohm stable amp and get tje dual 2 ohm voice coils.. email me again if you want some possible amps to look for..... later bro

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 7489
Forget about the Warhorse, even if you could afford it's 10,000 dollar price tag you would still need a serious electrical system to feed the amplifier.

Bronze Member

LakeCharles LA., La

Post Number: 85
another note... Lose the capacitor.. they are a waste... beef up your alternator and get an audio series Battery (batcap, kenitic, yellowtop,svr, ect.)

Bronze Member

Breman, Georgia USA

Post Number: 19
hey mark I'm going to send u a email later , I think u know more about the solo x than most people so maybe u can just guide me the right way to get my system throwing down ... Thanks guys

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 7491
"well I heard the 2 ohm x is stronger so that's what I'm going to get and I have a capacitor pushing with my amp.. But getting rid of the kicker amp and JL audio amp could equal up to a nice amp to push the 12" like someone said... Do I need a kicker zx2500.1 are can I buy one of those warhorse amps anywhere cheaper??"

That's not true. The dual 2 ohm version is no better than the dual 1 or dual 4 but they only come in dual 2 or dual 4 ohm in the current models. Which would give you either a 1ohm load or a 2 ohm load or even an 8 not that you'd wire it up to 8 ohms and that's assuming you plan on running a single Solo X. I have a decent amount of knowledge and experience with them considering that I used to run one in my vehicle.

http://www.putfile.com/pic/5186006

Bronze Member

Breman, Georgia USA

Post Number: 20
do yall think the new black solo x looks the best are the silver one? is the black one better?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us