Rim question.....

Silver Member
Username: 2pacalypse1971

Sandusky, Oh

Post Number: 492
i'm thinking about getting a set of rims for the summer n stuff, but my question is about the winter, why does everyone in the winter who has rims ride on bald tires with no hubcaps or anything???, once u get like 20's or so, can't you just take them off and put back on your factory tires or what is the deal, i'm just a little lost why noone has hubcaps in the winter, cuz i don't really want that, sorta makes the car look like crap

Silver Member
Username: Ducka

Shelby Township, MI United States

Post Number: 195
You can put your factory tires back on... I doubt that "everyone who has rims" rides on steel rims w/bald tires.

Silver Member
Username: Prozack52

Cincinnati, 2-D615D4 Dia...

Post Number: 232
some people sell the factory rims and buy crappy rims and tires for winter they dont care as long as they are blinging in the summer when the sun is out

Silver Member
Username: 2pacalypse1971

Sandusky, Oh

Post Number: 493
mmk sounds good cuz i'd still like the car to look decent in the winter time, the whole just plain black wiht no hubcap or anything

Gold Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 1209
lol, i have chrome 18s and i take them off b4 winter comes by myself and when spring or summer rolls around i put them back on....the reasoning behind that is ppl who are use to riding rims they dont really care about the tires and stock 15s rims thats why we just throw them back on like that but i dnt drive with bald tires lol ill get new ones...but hubcaps r ghay...

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 2730
a few buddies of mine have parents who insist on winter tires for their cars (small 2wd etc) and they leave the all-season/summers on the stock rims (or your "twankies" :-)) and put the winter tires on the steelies. sometimes its hard to find blizzaks or other snow tires to fit specific stock rims and steelies are a cheap option bc no one really cares about em.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us