Kicker Solo X 12"

Username: Playaward

Breman, Georgia USA

Post Number: 1
I have two L7 10"s In a vented box with a kicker kx800.2 amp powering it ...i have a solo x 12" coming soon will this subwoofer alone be louder than my two 10"s ? Thats my question.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3706
yes.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 7428
Not likely but it all depends on the enclosure, power fed to the sub and vehicle. On the same amount of power the 2 10'' L7s would probably be louder. If you feed the Solo X 12 proper power and in the right enclosure it will definitely be louder than the 2 L7s seeing 600watts RMS a piece.

*Edited*

Silver Member
Username: Solobaric4life

Post Number: 917
you need a lot bigger amp though

Breman, Georgia USA

Post Number: 2
Yea Im definately planning on getting a bigger amp. ... Someone told me the solo x 12" hits harder than most 15"a is this true ?

Gold Member

Post Number: 7430
That depends on what 15'' sub you're talking about. It also depends on vehicle, charging system,enclosure and a few other things.

Silver Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 773
the solox will be loud if you givem the right stuff like rob said right box and amp match with right electrical setup what type of car are you puting this in

Gold Member

Post Number: 7432
Just so you know Bobby, you're going to need 1/0awg wiring and a high output alternator with a good battery to get full potential out of that subwoofer.

Breman, Georgia USA

Post Number: 3
Im putting it in my f-350 crew cab .. Its hard making room in my truck but I have a big truck and I just want a big system to match the outside..any suggestions about a amp I should run that doesnt cost much and sealed are ported box?

Gold Member

Post Number: 7435
What's your budget for all of this?

Breman, Georgia USA

Post Number: 4
Well I'm buying the 12" x for $550 then I plan on spending 250 at the most for a amp to power it I prefer a new amp but I would take a used one if its a good deal

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 8506
"Just so you know Bobby, you're going to need 1/0awg wiring and a high output alternator with a good battery to get full potential out of that subwoofer."

yeah my buddy had two l7 10's in a extended cab truck and hit 147 db sealed up on a stock alternator with two 1500 watt rms amps one on each L7 using one note burp boxes...and as far as the solo x 12 yes it could beat the l710's but its going to take alot more power...I would have stayed with the l7 10's

Gold Member

Post Number: 7438
Finding a 2,500 watt RMS amp for $250 won't be easy if not impossible.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8507
seriosly if you didnt buy it skip the solo x 12

Breman, Georgia USA

Post Number: 5
Well I seen a few hifonics 1200 and 1600 watt amps for around $200.00 is that a descent amp will it make the solo x throw down are will it sound bad?

Gold Member

Post Number: 8508
when I said sealed up I meant the truck had the windows up doors closed....the boxes were ported to a high tuned frequency

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

COD4 Addict ... Level 2 pre...

Post Number: 2320
you need more $. nothing else to say

Silver Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 775
rofl spending that much money on a sub and your not going to try to get a good amp omg dude your budget is messed up next time try spending less for the sub and more on the power

Breman, Georgia USA

Post Number: 6
k well I just want to know is the solo x 12" sub the best 12" subwoofer I can buy even though it requires lots of power?

Gold Member

Post Number: 8510
heres what I would do...get a high output alternator in there first and then put a good amp on those l7 10's and skip the solo x 12

Gold Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Team RD, Canada

Post Number: 1554
"k well I just want to know is the solo x 12" sub the best 12" subwoofer I can buy even though it requires lots of power?"

Ummmm...no

I don't think you can safely state that any one sub is the best sub for being a 12", 10"...etc

Breman, Georgia USA

Post Number: 7
will the solo x give me the kinda bass that makes u feel like u can't breath when sitting in the truck??

Gold Member

Post Number: 7441
Probably not in a truck that big. You should go with an 18'' or 2 15s if you want that kind of bass.

Breman, Georgia USA

Post Number: 8
what about a Memphis Mojo 15" will that one sub be louder in my truck than the x?

Gold Member

Post Number: 8513
Bobby the real deal behind those loud systems you hear is a good charging system adaquate power on the subs and first hand knowledge of what subwoofer arrangement works best in your vehicle...going for the best subwoofer and not meeting the other parameters gives you a luck of the draw approach...the guys hitting loud either asked around about their vehicle and learned or put alot of hard work and effort into it (reading is usually required as well)

Gold Member

Post Number: 7442
"(reading is usually required as well)"

One day when I learn how to do that I'll be able to have a loud system!

Gold Member
Username: Talon01

Team Revolution , Pa Usa

Post Number: 1077
that is so true, i have alot of hard work in my jeep to get it to 150db

Gold Member

Post Number: 8515
"One day when I learn how to do that I'll be able to have a loud system!"

this coming from a guy with a 150 db plus daily vehicle LOL

Gold Member

Post Number: 8516
"that is so true, i have alot of hard work in my jeep to get it to 150db"

yes you do

Bronze Member
Username: Hittin1

LakeCharles LA., La

Post Number: 64
I have 2-12" solx's... gonna need at least 2000 rms or close to move em good.. They are loud and obnoxious... ..... That being said... I love em. lol

Bronze Member

LakeCharles LA., La

Post Number: 65
kicker has spec's for an enclosure that requires there to be no more than 2000 watts rms.

Bronze Member

Breman, Georgia USA

Post Number: 13
You said that you have two solo x"s, have you ever just listened to one of them? Is it still loud ? And I think i might put mine on a hifonics 1600 watt mono amp will that make move?

Bronze Member

LakeCharles LA., La

Post Number: 72
yes 1 is loud... I dont believe 1600 watt hifinics amp gonna be enough to make you happy.. I'm runningn 2000 watts hofonics amp to each... hifionics are over rated (rms)... The thing I like the most about my solo x's are that I have not found a song that my solo's couldn't handle (on the low end of the spectrum). When the freq. get LOW..... My vehicle gives out before the subs ... They have been a headache too me because of the van I put them in.... I need to spend some time and $ to getting them to where I'm happy... But they are seriously LOUD... But be prepared to change your setup around before you are happy.... Which is probably true for any high power SPL speaker... If you get it.... I would recommend that you build this box...model VentedSUV (TheOneToDo) at this link... http://www.kicker.uk.com/pdf/solox/english/2007%20SoloX%2010-12%20Sub%20g01%20We b.pdf
page 3.assuming you have the room and it is recomended that you not get over 2000 watts rms. and yes I believe it would likely be louder than the two 10" L7's regardless of what enclosure you have them in....

Silver Member
Username: Quirky

SA, Texas

Post Number: 168
Bobby, doesn't look like you have researched your subs enough so i recommend looking around the forum a little longer and getting some ideas. If your asking if "its the loudest 12 sub", hell no, but it will do the job you want. Why are you set on a 12" sub? maybe you should check out 15" subs, and if your stuck on kicker look at there L5s and L7s. If your just looking for that "bass that makes u feel like u can't breath when sitting in the truck" then your answer is yes, your solo x will work(with right power and enclosure).

Bronze Member

Breman, Georgia USA

Post Number: 14
thanks for all the help guys..I'm definately getting the solo X 12" and I might pull out my middle console and make and make a custom fit box that looks right in my truck, I'm not sure if I should make it ported or sealed? But i want to wrap it in carpet that matches my interior and a throw grill on the sub and spray paint the grill chrome to match my rims..is there any one else with a lifted truck that has a system? Its really hard to make room

Silver Member
Username: Quirky

SA, Texas

Post Number: 170
if your tight on space sealed may be better for you.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us