Fuse pops only when high volume please help

Username: Dalcanta

Post Number: 1
i am powering two kicker L7 12" ,, each one is dual 4 ohmn. each is wired in parallel, so each sub is having a 2 ohmn resistance. now, when atatching both together, the resistance cuts in half, so i end up having a 1 ohmn resistance, which is supported by my amp Hifonics brutus BX2005 which is a mono 2000watts rms at 1 ohmn, now i dont know if my whole understanding of the ohmns are accurate. but i tested the resistance with a multimeter. and gave in fact the 1 ohmn i wanted.

now the problem is . i am using a 100A fuse for the main power comming from the battery. the fuse is located about 1 foot from the battery, and i am using a 4 ga cable, but the fuse blows when i am playing really heavy bass music at high volume "really bumping it ". now should i get a fuse with greater amp,, perhaps a 150A or a 250A? of course upgrading my power cable and grond cable to a 0 gauge as well.

please any advice to diagnose the problem, is my amp demanding too much current?, are my settings wrong?, persay the bass booster and all other parameters ? oh and by the way, my gain is only at 50%. thank you in advance

Silver Member
Username: Tpa954

Hollywood, Florida U.S.A

Post Number: 271
upgrade to a 250 fuse tht should solve your problem
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us