Better components than focal 165v1 for under $300?

Silver Member
Username: Kujo

Post Number: 120
So I bought a set of focal 165v1 components for my car... I personaly think they sound pretty good, but now that I've had them for a few weeks and gotten used to them I have started to notice what people are talking about when they say that model kind of lacks midbass and have tweets that are slightly harsh. Soo pretty much, these comps aren't bad, but I want to do better. With that said, keeping a budget of around $300, whats a nice set of components that will not only make me smile, but anyone else who sets foot in my car as well? Focal, MB-quart, CDT, shoot me a suggestion please! Thanks

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Http://www.rdaudio.net...

Post Number: 19464
my friend has the Memphis MCSQ6.5 and it has strong tweeter sound at the sametime very nice midrange and mid bass.

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=2579

Silver Member

Post Number: 121
Those look pretty nice. I have heard good things about memphis, but havnt had the opportunity to hear a set my self. How do they compare to what I have now? Have you heard my comps?

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Http://www.rdaudio.net...

Post Number: 19467
no i haven't heard your focals. but you were saying you want stronger mid and those memphis have strong mid.

Silver Member

Post Number: 122
Hmm... I'm headin outa town tomorrow so maybe I might be able to hear those at a stereo shop I'm going to. Anyone else have suggestions????

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin MY SUBS GET ...

Post Number: 1691
Diamond HEX S600

Silver Member
Username: Exige

Cincinnati

Post Number: 193
^^^he's complaining because his set lacks midbass....i dont think HEX's are gonna be what he's looking for...

Silver Member

Post Number: 126
I went to cartoys and heard their poly kevlar 165kf set. They sound ALOT better than what I have... but $400 is a little steep for me at the moment. Whats compareable to them? Like in maybe MB Quart or CDT?

Silver Member

Cincinnati

Post Number: 200
you looking for a bright sounding set, more ear-piercing like the Focal's are? or what did you like about the poly kevlar's

Silver Member

Post Number: 127
Okay.. so exactly what does "bright" mean? I do like how loud those focals get. Also liked how clear and crispe they sounded.

Silver Member

Cincinnati

Post Number: 201
a bright tweeter can be a bit ear-piercing. it's a more prominent and forward sounding tweeter.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us