Crappy day was crappy (not horrible though)

Gold Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Team RD, Canada

Post Number: 1542
So I finally got to switch over my insurance over from my winter beater to my stereo car as the snow is pretty much done now out here in Canada.

So, I drive to my parents house to swap plates and the summer car isn't starting as easy as she used to, no worries as it has been sitting all winter. Get it all started and running and I remembered that I left my face plate back at my house. Sh!t, no tunes for the 45 min drive back home but it gave me and my girlfriend some "us" time....

Battery light comes on I swear as my lights start flashing (no music remember) and my interior gauges start dimming up and down as well. Barely made it home that night and some guy almost turned into me as I guess flashing head lights are harder to see than regular ones, who knew.

My EXCESSIVE AMPERAGE alt is dead/dying and likes to charge then stop as it damn well fells like. So I have to see how much it costs to get the alt fixed/rewound as a 200a alt in town is around $500 and I only paid $300 for the EA alt. It is just over 2 years old, but still, this blows as it's extra cash.

So I had to get a brand new alt as my old alt, as I just found out, had it mounts broken so it couldn't be used. Found out I needed a new belt as well but I saw this coming as it would squeak every now and then.

Me and my girl put an offer in on a house as well and we get this $494 bill so it's just bad timing I suppose.

That's my story.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3697
Good luck on the House. So you and your girl friend are buying a house together? Sounds like a fuster cluck waiting to happen. Convince her that you would get a better rate if only your name is on the deed. That way if yous split, she cant touch the house.

And sorry to hear about your alt. At least you made it home safe.

Gold Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 1171
EA Alts FTL!!

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6867
That sucks, but it is what you get with an EA alt.

Gold Member

Team RD, Canada

Post Number: 1543
I bought it when EA was all the rave...lol

Do you think it would be cheaper to get this alt fixed, or just get a whole new 200a alt? As if EA alts just sucks then getting it fixed isn't too smart.

@Marc
Yeah we are but it's actually a thousand sq ft town house built in 1996 so not quite a house..lol. We have till tomorrow night @ 7pm for a counter offer to be made.

We have been together for just over 5yrs now and she's my 6th girlfriend as the others lasted a month tops. I don't have any worries as she's not a psycho. We both have the same views and goals and sex is great...lol

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 7408
Did your stuff ever come in? Did you ever install it all?

Gold Member

Team RD, Canada

Post Number: 1544
Hey Rob!

I am hoping it arrives today then I can get cracking. Just sucks now that I ge the big 3 stuff and my alt dies, so I'm stuck with the 80a or 100a alt.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 7411
Oh god, that's going to suck running that small of an alt.

Gold Member

Team RD, Canada

Post Number: 1545
Yeah it will but the funny thing is that so far my voltage stays higher with this lower amp alt. The HO alt liked to jump around a lot while this one remains stable.

Maybe I will see how much it costs to get this new alt rewound to get some more juice out of it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us