How many layers will i need?

Silver Member
Username: Ska

USA

Post Number: 750
im going to start my glass box soon, i have one 9 squre feet matt of glass, my sub is about 27lbs and is going to be mounted on an angle, 5 layers would that be good? im using as much wood as possible because i know it will be hard to glass the little part that i want. how do i test how strong the glass is?

(fiberglass)

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2393
I cant tell you how many layers to do but 5 should suffice. Just remember, fiberglass is hella stronger when it isnt curved. If you are making it flat, use a lot of layers and supports.

fiberglassforums.com is a great place to look for info. Some of those guys are really good at glassing

Silver Member
Username: Mesodumm

Tri-City, Az Usa

Post Number: 454
Yes they are good! a lot of them have been doing glass as long or longer than I have. Chad did some good pod's, the other day!! search for his thread! 40% of the 90 model's chevy ex-cab box is glass! I use a cr@p load of fabric and resin!! You can see some of it on my myspace!! You can make anything with Glass!!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Mesodumm

Tri-City, Az Usa

Post Number: 455
Hey get on USPS website United states postal service and find the order supplies link order tape! it is free!! they think if they give you boxes and tape your going to ship with them. You will need lots of tape!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us