Reccomendations for dwights dd enclosure

Gold Member
Username: Mj23dynasty

Alpine ida-x001/2 dd 2..., Woodlawn Por... USA

Post Number: 1938
Ok well as u guys kno I'm not satisfied with the output of these guys or the low end for tht matter.

Current box is 1.75 cubes per sub tuned to 40 hz tht is the minimum dd specs for the box.
What do u guys reccomend for increased output and better low end. Someone had reccomended seperate boxes (sean I think) but idk. Does any1 have any ideas for those that have seen my trunk kno how much room I'm working with.

Silver Member
Username: Philly306

New quote coming soon, North carolina

Post Number: 971
just go bigger.

but dwight don't you have the amp rack thing between the subs and cab? try taking that out

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 8475
dwight 1.4 cubes net stuffed would give you two cubes ...and that would size the boxes down a little and give us two seperate boxes to position...like I said at the meet I think this would be the best approach but we would have to scope it out on a meter first...also maybe we would move the amp rack like Phil said

Gold Member

Post Number: 1939
Why couldn't I jus stuff the box I already had.}

Gold Member

Post Number: 8476
you could do that and it would make the box appear larger and lower the port tune too...but id stuff it in a temporary fashion with polyfill in sheet form

http://www.diysubwoofers.org/talkshop/messages/41415.htm

"In each case, the news was good -- make that very good. With all three boxes, I enjoyed roughly 25 to 35 percent of "space gain" by using stuffing at a rate of 1 to 1.75 pounds per cubic foot of internal volume."

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6059
2 each @ 35hz or 2.5 each

Gold Member

Post Number: 1940
Well I have no clue what the right measurements are etc etc to put into the box to get to the desired cubic feet.

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 3386
2.75cf 44 sq. in. vent 16"long 40Hz (For each)

Gold Member

Post Number: 8477
try the poly in sheet form inside the box stuffed in even and not up against the subs at all or in the way of the port...it might be what your looking for

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6061
if you want lows why did you have it tuned high?

Gold Member
Username: Mike11202

DD9515G VFL 200.1 = : , Sewell, NJ US

Post Number: 1597
i think you should put them in 2 seperate chambers 2.25 cu ft @40 hz to both

Silver Member
Username: Ska

USA

Post Number: 751
i dont' know much about DD, but do the boxes HAVE to be ported? im sure they will still get extremely loud and sound great if you did sealed small boxes then filled those with poly, because filling a ported box with play your messin with the tones, and you'll never get it tuned exactly right if you try and expand the box and tune the box b4 its expanded...

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6860
Yes DD subs are designed for ported boxes only
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us