Subwoofer mechanical sounds

Silver Member
Username: Prozack52

Cincinnati, 2-D615D4 Dia...

Post Number: 203
every sub has its own mechanical sounds that it makes. most of times not noticeable to the ear but has anyone had any subs that sometimes you can hear these mechanical noises

Silver Member
Username: Philly306

New quote coming soon, North carolina

Post Number: 970
"every sub has its own mechanical sounds that it makes."
if your sub is making any kind of "mechanical" noise then something is wrong. most likely coil rub.

coil rub=bad

Silver Member
Username: Nickyp0219

Post Number: 893
yea sorry man, i havent heard any mechanical noise out of mine

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Http://illuzonemu.serv..., ^^^Sick Game

Post Number: 7840
there is mechanical noise.. if there isnt any mechanical noise it means your sub aint moving...

the coil rubbing is another noise but is not mechanical noise...

spl subs with a bad suspension tend to have really high mechanical noise.... sq subs wiht less moving mass and less xmax and cone/coil traveling have alot less mechanical noise sometimes unhearable.

for instance the jl audio w7 have such good design that its mechanical noise its unhearable...

also people might think that there isnt such thing like phil... you dont notice with subs in box.. its when their in free air mostly

Silver Member
Username: Nickyp0219

Post Number: 895
gotchya

Silver Member
Username: Prozack52

Cincinnati, 2-D615D4 Dia...

Post Number: 204
ok cause when i put my ear up to my subs i have D615D4 diamonds i can hear the mechanical noise just a little thought and at some points it with get louder and can hear it when riding around hears the thing i have went through 3 hu 4 of those d615d4 and i am still getting the same nosie out of the subs so i can not imagine it being the coil rubbing and i had a couple people say it was mechanical noise so jw

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1174
Clipping?? Bottoming out???

How did you set your gain? Does it make the sound on the higher or lower notes?

I've had mine for for about 5 months, and I'm giving my single D6 850+watts and it loves it.

Silver Member
Username: Shade

Moxee, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 624
i was under the impression that when u hear mechanical noise it was coils misaligned/ rubbing or u are bottoming out the sub.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us