My next system...

Silver Member
Username: O0airjordan120o

Post Number: 341
still tryin to put some money together... i want to go with the hifonics BXi 2006d amp... now for subs... i want 18's... so i narrowed it down to 1 18" fi BTL... or i can wire in series either 2 18" fi bl's or 2 fi q's... this will be a daily system but i still want it to be as loud as possible... which combonation would give me the loudest set up???

Gold Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 2297
I don't think you have enough power for the BTL or the (2) BLs. Your only real choice are the Qs IMO. Two 18s will get plenty loud and the SQ is good with those. I heard one 18 Q in a ported box and it was pretty impressive.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6841
Get a better amp. Like an Audioque 2200d.....

Silver Member

Post Number: 342
but doesnt the hifonics amp put out 2000? should match...

Silver Member
Username: Kingandsons07

Lincoln, Nebraska U.S.A

Post Number: 890
thanks BCS lol yea i got a 18" Q in a 9cuft box at 32Hz sounds great

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 2487
Closer to 1600-1800rms.

Silver Member

Post Number: 343
or maybe like 4 kicker cvr's?

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 2720
do yourself a favor and don't get the hifonics..i had a 1206 and wasn't happy with it at all.

Silver Member

Post Number: 344
ok, what amp would do 2000 watts at 1 ohm nicely for me?

Gold Member
Username: Mygame5982

I Got More Watts Then ..., TEXAS US

Post Number: 2498
my orion 2500x1 ohm...
buy it!! lol

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1176
Whats your total budget including for subs, amp, box, and electrical if you don't have that already (wires, alts, batt, etc.)

I'd go for the AQ2200D like M.S. recommended.

Silver Member

Post Number: 345
not really on budget.... im building my own box once i make my decisions, dont really need any electrical... ill keep my stock alt and batt. i just want an amp to do 2000watts at 1 ohm. like i said i dont really know about which woofer(s) to get. i want it to be a system that when someone gets in and says "damn." which is y i want at least 15's. if i get that AQ which subs would be loudest, 2 bl's or a btl? or any other sub i dont know about that would dominate with that amp??

Gold Member

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1181
Hate to break it to ya, but with 2000wrms, you will need electrical upgrades. What kind of vehicle do you have anyways?

Gold Member

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1182
I've never heard any FI sub in person, but from everything I know about them, I would say 2 Q's.

Possibly look into 2 RD alpha v2's, (w/single spider for this amount of power)

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 490
you need a HO alt son. no way around it if your going to run 2000rms at 1ohm.

if u dont want a new alt then 1000-1200rms is about the most you can run on a stock alt. so either get the new alt or think about something else.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6851
those hifonics amps do about 80% of the power they claim.

And yeah, you will need an HO alternator for an amp that big

Silver Member

Post Number: 346
shitty. ok so how big an alt am i goin to need? how much will it run me? i drive a 99dodge ram extended cab. so if i cant run the AQ amp on the stock can i try and run the hifonics with 2 fi SSD's??

Silver Member

Post Number: 347
or maybe 3 or 4 kicker cvr15's???? on the hifonics amp? maybe

Silver Member

Post Number: 348
3 cvr15's on a kicker 1500.1 amp... could i get a way with that?

Gold Member
Username: Mj23dynasty

Alpine ida-x001/2 dd 2..., Woodlawn Por... USA

Post Number: 1928
How many amps is ur stock alternator?

Depending on how many amps your stock is you miiiiiight be able to get away with the kicker 1500.1 but I doubt it.

How bout this system for u I garauntee you won't be dissapointed. And you won't need the HO alt.

2 15" RE SE ported
Audioque 1200 wat amp

Or for a second choice
2 15" alpine type r
Kicker 1000.1 or the AQ 1200 watt.

Bronze Member
Username: Loudazzaltima

Brooklyn, NY

Post Number: 12
i second that orion man o man are their subs and amps crazy, the Hcca models are the strongest ive seen yet 2000wrms 4000wpk @4ohns size 12in, and their amps are so sick. i learned not too long ago that they make west coast customs amps, so u know they are sick, my friend has 1 hcca 12in in his car and it booms, louder than my immortals

Gold Member

Post Number: 1930
Not to be a dick captain but audiobahn sucks and so does tht west coast cutstom flashy crap.

And I'm sure he's looking to get a setup w/o electrical upgrades so I think the suggestions I have him were a tad more within his parameters.

Bronze Member

Brooklyn, NY

Post Number: 14
well to each is own, but its kinda hard to dispute orion/wcc amps,and subs. but on a side by side comparison audiobahns 12in immortals are better than alpines 15in type R...

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 2724
kicker zx1500.1
2 15" Fi SSDs

Gold Member

Post Number: 1931
R u kidding dude alpine type r>>>>>>> immortal...
I've heard audiobarh subs b4 I think they were immortals they had really fancy baskets like flames or something and I have heard alpine r's and they are much better sounding subs and qaulity wise and they get damn loud!!! Ur out of ur mind camptain america

A deaf person could tell the type r's are better than any subs audiobahn makes.

Gold Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1704
Immortals are supposed to be decent. I would say about on par with the Type R from what I have read.

Bronze Member

Brooklyn, NY

Post Number: 15
lol@ deaf person, u said u think they were immortals u heard, they lesser model the eternals have the same flames on them too so u might but confused, and do u know what amp was pushing the audiobahns? but in my logical opinion 750rms < 2000rms according to both specs

Gold Member

Post Number: 1932
Well if what I heard were immortals they were pretty much around the same level of loudness but the R kills it on SQ}

Gold Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1707
Don't get ahead of yourself man, they are still Audioburns.

Bronze Member

Brooklyn, NY

Post Number: 16
dont get me wrong alpines are good subs, and i know audiobahns are not the best but from my opinion i would recommend the audiobahns over the alpines, and the orions over them both, it also depends whats pushing the babies bad sq amps can cause great subs/speakers to sound like crap

Silver Member

Post Number: 349
k so how much would a new 200amp alt cost me?

Bronze Member

Brooklyn, NY

Post Number: 20
around 4-500 maybe more if u cant install it urself

Silver Member

Post Number: 350
ive made my decision. im getting the kicker 1500.1, i think my alt will handle it. i got 1000watts on it now and havnt had any trouble... but now my decison is subs... i will either go 2 18" fi ssd's or 3 kicker cvr15's... which would be loudest, and which will be sq? what would you get and why?

Bronze Member

Brooklyn, NY

Post Number: 22
if ur going for best overall go with the fi's those kickers are only 500rms i had a orion hp series that did those numbers and it was only a 12in. in by opinion if ima get huge subs like 15in or 18in they better blow away every thing smaller than them, but go with the fi's they piss on kicker cvr.

Silver Member

Post Number: 351
no. i want bigger subs so i can hit lower notes. i know they are only 500 rms but 3 woofers instead of 2. and if i can get 18's instead of 12's why the hell not.

Silver Member

Post Number: 352
btw. are there any other amps that will do 1500 watts for a cheap price?

Bronze Member

Brooklyn, NY

Post Number: 24
i understand you now, ok go for the 18s, you want a cheap amp go for crunch they are pretty cheap. check out their ground pound series

Gold Member

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1187
I don't think your stock alt will handle 1500w. i would say around 1000w to be safe (1200w tops)

You do realize what will happen if you electrical cant keep up right?

You do not need multiple subs to get loud, especially in a truck cab.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1941
Man do not get a crunch amp I have heard good things about the GP crunches but still if u want a good qaulity cheap amp go with the AQ 1200 watt or the 2200 watt.
Www.audioque.com

Or look into hifonics amps they are good budget amps but stay away from crunch hifonics and crunch are made by the same company but hinfonics is a lil but better qaulity

Bronze Member

Brooklyn, NY

Post Number: 25
I'm sure he knows that without upgrades he could end up with a dead bat, blown alt,stuck at the movie theater parking lot with a girl looking at you like u stupid....wait that was me

Gold Member

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1190
Kicker refurbished amps are pretty inexpensive, even the brand new ones on ebay are still really cheap.

I would say either a kicker zx1000.1 or AQ1200D

Look into the 15" RE SE's, I've heard some great things about them, and he price is descent too.

Bronze Member

Brooklyn, NY

Post Number: 26
I'm sorry but the thought of buying a amp that was once broken is a no no for me. Their is nothing wrong with crunch amps, but it is tru that they are lesser model to hifonics, but they work just as well, I have a crunch and it pushes my whips just fine. All for 150

Gold Member

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1194
I would take any refurb kicker amp oven any crunch amp all day, any day, everyday. I'm sure nobody else that knows car audio will disagree.
They are new internals with an old case, and they do come with warranty.

Silver Member

Post Number: 353
alright fine. ill go with an fi q. now what amp should i put on it? and what options should i get to have it be as loud as possible?

Bronze Member

Brooklyn, NY

Post Number: 27
Well to each is own I've had bad experiences with kickers and good ones with crunch. Crunch makes good quality at bargin prices which is exactly what our good friend wants, for 200 bucks u can get a decent crunch brand new with warranty. Those famedzx 1500.1 are good but not under 200 u can get a good gp from crunch that's puts out the same or better numbers,

Bronze Member

Brooklyn, NY

Post Number: 28
I strongly suggest u make a few upgrades like alt and bat if u want to run multiple subs at 1500 plus what ever ur pushing for vocals

Gold Member

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1198
What bad kicker experiences have you had?

If he is shelling out money for a good sub, why buy a cheap amp?

Whats you max budget for an amp, and are you wanting to do electrical upgrades? You could always buy a 1500w amp and if your electrical wont hold up, then upgrade. I would just hate to see someone spend big $$ on an amp, and then be stuck not able to use it to its full potential.

Nick, look at your other thread "Q vs. BL", some people gave you the down-low on what to do for the Q.

Bronze Member

Brooklyn, NY

Post Number: 29
I only mentioned crunch cause he asked for a cheap amp that can perform 1500w for around and under $200 I've brought refurb kicker and it smoked and caught fire,almost lost my car,store owner refused to refund my money. I agree with what ur sayin about why shell out on subs but go cheap on amps ,but its what he asked for

Silver Member
Username: Deadrabit

Post Number: 250
i know guy that i found on a forum that sells US amps stuff really cheap! brand new! he sells the US amps merlin 2k amp for 415 shipped i think.

get that and 2 18 inch BLs.
thats acually what i am saving up for right now! email me if u want that guys info to get that amp worrblade@yahoo.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us