POWER AND GROUND WIRE HELP

Silver Member
Username: Prozack52

Cincinnati,

Post Number: 200
i was under the assumption that power and ground wire were made ot of the same material my buddy went to hook up an amp and used same color wire for power and ground the clear color and it instantly burnt the amp up was it ok using the same color wire or is power and ground made out of diff materials i know i sound dumb for asking this but we are both dumb founded the instandt the ground wire hit the amp it burnt up

Silver Member
Username: Explictx

Glen Burnie, Maryland USA

Post Number: 447
They're both made from the same material, are you sure you didn't hook the ground to the 12v on your amp and power wire to your ground on your amp?

Silver Member

Cincinnati, 2-D615D4 Dia...

Post Number: 201
idk friend did it

Gold Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 1159
uh yea dude wire is wire but they are just colored, it doesnt matter what color you use as long as you know what ur using it for wether its for ground/power wire....ur friend prob fuked up and hooked the ground wire to the 12v terminal and the power wire to the ground terminal. lol

Silver Member
Username: Bonhamd

Northern, Michigan USA

Post Number: 544
your friend probably mixed those up

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 7366
You shouldn't try to do an install if you have no clue what you're doing. At least read and attempt to learn before you go out there and actually work on the project.

Silver Member
Username: Basebalz13

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 354
lmao rob i was bout to say the exact same thing

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 7367
Yea, these knuckle-heads just don't get it. This is how accidents happen and people get hurt or car fires start or they short out entire electrical systems.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6837
Yeah, even at 12 volts, several thousand amps of potential current from a car battery is nothing to play with.........

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3686
what size wire?

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin MY SUBS GET ...

Post Number: 1664
Wire is wire....lmao

Silver Member

Cincinnati, 2-D615D4 Dia...

Post Number: 202
like i said not me but i think is running four gauge and the amp was like 900 dollars too was sucks for him

Gold Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 1169
lol steve u kno what i ment as long as u use the correct gauge size wire and yes i know some wire is made out of diff material like aluminum n copper. but i wus just statin to him doesnt matter what color u use for ground r power wire as long as u know which one ur usin it for.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 8534
"the instandt the ground wire hit the amp it burnt up"

He mixed up the power and ground.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us