Good 90 or 180 rms component set

Gold Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 1340
alright well i kind of want to give my kappas to my sister since she blew her door speakers and i want better speakers anyways. so i am either looking for somthing that is 4 ohms 90 rms and will sound good with my rear fill or somthing that is 2 ohms 110 rms and will sound good with or with out my rear fill (this would be prefered) or my final option would be to bridge my amp and run 180 rms 4 ohms and only have front stage, no rear fill. looking to spend not much more than 250 if i have to. i want somthing that will keep uo with my sx's but sound very vey good.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1341
o btw they are going to be powerd by my recently aquired sound magus cp91 which is an awesome amp for anyone that was wondering. the crossovers are intense.

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 2203
Go active. With that much power, you might as well.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1344
not really sure what i need to do to go active tho and idk what that even really means.

do i need a special component set? is it a lot of extra work? if so is it really worth it?

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 2205
Not really any extra work. You said the crossovers are good on those amps. As long as you can get up around/above 5kHz (depending on the set you choose) with the high-pass and you can band-pass the mids, you'll be clear.

When you "go active" you are forgoing the passive crossovers and using active crossovers. Passives can colour the sound and they suck up power. Plus you have much more control over the sound with an active setup because you can adjust the crossover points and often the slope. You also have more headroom power wise because the high frequencies won't ride on the lower frequencies. I believe bcae1 has an illustration of this.

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 464
diamond audio Hex 6.5's

put 180rms on them and let them shine!

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 2713
"diamond audio Hex 6.5's

put 180rms on them and let them shine!"

x2

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1192
I'm really pleased with my realm 6.75s. They would be happy on that power.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1346
so basically run a set of tweets off one channel and the mids off the other channel and dont use the supplied crossovers?

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1347
just so you all know my amp does 90x4 @ 4 ohms 110x4 @ 2 ohms and 180x2 and 4 ohms is tihs ok for what you guys are suggesting?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us