Got metered yesterday......

Silver Member
Username: Basebalz13

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 270
well i got metered yesterday at the MECA 2X MDA crank it up event, well on the way there my alternator went =[ dang irragi alts im fed up with him, well with battery voltage dropping down to 11.3 i peaked at 43 box tuned to 40, and i did a 146.6 at the head rest, i fig that wont too bad for my first time, cant wait till i get that alt fixed or get a new one see what it does and then also play around with the box tuning etc etc etc. what yall think?

Gold Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 1530
I checked your profile do you run 2x15's and 2x8"s ????

If it's just the 2x15"s and 2krms on them 146.6db is not too shabby dude. And like you said tweak the box as you can get for sure get louder (if thats what your into). My buddy has 2krms and does 143.6 with a singe 15" the same as one of yours and him and his dad built the box in just over 2 hrs!

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

The kids love my rhyme...

Post Number: 4657
Was it on a TL? That's a legit score.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Http://www.rdaudio.net...

Post Number: 19297
thats an awesome score at the headrest. i believe its harder to hit higher score on the headrest.

also doesn't meca use audiocontrol meter alot of the times?

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 8388
whats been going on with that iraggi im curious...if I need it I was going to get a 180 amp iraggi alt. because of the 130 amp idle amperage

Gold Member

Post Number: 8389
decent score for the conditions you were under by the way

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 13324
decent score

um - why do ppl put the sensor sometimes on headrest & ick panel ....isnt the legal\offcial spot on the bottom 1\4 of the windscreen !? ...

Gold Member

Post Number: 8392
its the type of competition he went to... its easier to score higher at the headrest and kickpanel outlaw style than at the dash sealed up

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 13329
silly me i didnt think of that ....

Silver Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 271
yea it was on a TL mic, MECA does theres at the headrest, and that was jus 2 15's the 8's are jus mid bass so i didnt have them on or nothing, and well i did aeroports so that was jus my daily ports, cut me some pipe to change my tuning for comps AERO ports =]]] i love em, so that wont too bad under my conditions, i lost to a guy with a CRX with 4 15's pretty much walled (punches) and i think i got cheated, cuz his first run he did a 145.4 on his peak tone, and i did a 146.6 on my peak tone, but then his next run he did a 147.7 playing white gurl(i didnt think we could use music and on top of that it was a burnt CD =[) so since he did better i had white gurl CD not a burnt one and i only did a 144.2 i believe so he goes up alot and i go down alot =[

Silver Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 272
iight also how much louder you think i could get with jus my regular voltage of lik 14.8

Gold Member

Post Number: 4685
alot louder. The lower the voltage the less power you amp puts out. beef up that charging system and you will see a big difference.

Silver Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 273
well i got a 240 alt, which when works right which half the time it dont(the internal regulator is screwed up to begin with) my voltage sits at 14.7-14.9 all day long, plus i got 3 batts, over 80 foot of 0 gauge, and 0 gauge ran to about a foot be4 it goes into the amp which goes into a distro box and comes out into 4 gauge and then goes through the fuse and then into the amp so less than a foot of 4 gauge

Gold Member

Post Number: 8410
"i didnt think we could use music"

using a test tone is the easiest way to hit your loudest spl...which also means that crx could hit louder than a 147.7 db...and it should with four 15's anyway...im not sure how a crx does with a wall but ive seen a guy hit 150 db in a crx with one 18 firing up in a spl box that sat under the window line

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 3426
you want to sell that alty d money. =)
tghats not a bad score at all. have you played with different box designs yet? what type of car you have d?

Silver Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 276
its a 2000 cougar, haha naa still havent played with diff box designs i dont have any more room, but i have thought about firing subs forward and ports up, right now i have subs up port up, the subs hitting right off the rear glass, imma play with the port tuning tho,

Silver Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 278
but i dont understand how he didnt hit high with his test tone, but he only had 2 matchin subs lol they was all dif punches lol it was funny, and even common chamber box =/... but i was jus surprised about him not hitting higher with the test tone, but when he ran a burnt CD he did hit higher

Silver Member
Username: Boomtank

Rochester, NY USA

Post Number: 565
Electrical systems are only as good as the smallest wire. You might want to get 0 gauge to the amp replacing that 4 gauge.

Silver Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 279
this was also my first box i ever built before lol =]

Silver Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 280
i cant =[ the amp only takes 4 gauge, its a ZX1000.1, is there a way i can get around the 4 gauge wire?

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 3349
Doesn't MECA use TL.

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin MY SUBS GET ...

Post Number: 1638
"i cant =[ the amp only takes 4 gauge, its a ZX1000.1, is there a way i can get around the 4 gauge wire?"

You can just trim the wire down until it fits. You can also buy these wire gauge reducers. I'm not sure where to buy them but I've seen them before.

Silver Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 290
yea it was on a TL

Silver Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 292
hmm i mite need to check that out, what would i about my fuses? since they 4 gauge fuse holder, like do the same thing?

Silver Member
Username: Ridinspinnas

Cayuga, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 178
yea just trim it man, i had a zx1000.1 and we ran 0 gauge into it no problem jus trimmed it until it fit, and same with the ground, the bigger and shorter the ground we did, it really makes a difference

Gold Member

Post Number: 4725
I would actually think you should be able to pull higher than a 146 at the headrest with 2 L7s and 2000 watts in a hatch. I would think 146 sealed at the dash would be more like what you should be seeing.

Silver Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 317
yea i know reece but thats also on 11 volts cuz of a messed up alternator id like to see a 150 maybe

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 7334
You can definitely get a 150 out of that car but you might have to switch up the box before it happens and fix that charging.

Silver Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 324
yea i hope to get into the 150's maybe psshh even if it was lik a 150.00000001 lol i jus wanna hit 150

Gold Member

Post Number: 4749
Yeah, I forgot about it going to 11 volts... That definately needs to get addressed. I would say you will gain a good bit with a new alt.

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1527
What D-Money did not mention is that it was a 30second burp. He was talking about it earlier to me. This could have effected his score lol.
But a very good first score none-the-less.

Silver Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 327
yea^^ but what does that mean exactly?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us