Killer System

Silver Member
Username: Ridinspinnas

Cayuga, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 170
Hey guys i havent decided what my final car or suv will be but i want my system to f***in pound... so can u guys give me a name brand and some models so i can look at them i want some deep bass, like a couple of 15's or 18's, let me know thanks guys

Gold Member
Username: Snarl2004

Digital Design 9515, Massive Audi...

Post Number: 2235
ive got a DD 9515. ive got a feeling that would float your boat. very loud i love it. it sounds really nice too. DD woofers in my opinion are deffinitly worth the price. AQ also makes very good stuff. I have 2 12" sd2.5s that were only on 1000rms and supprisingly close to how loud my 9515 is. ive heard the HDC3 is very loud too.

All i can say is save up and spend alot of money the first time it will be worth it. im on my 3rd system. lots of wasted money. expecualy with my first system...

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 3417
what motor is it snarl?

Gold Member
Username: Snarl2004

Digital Design 9515, Massive Audi...

Post Number: 2238
g

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1146
Audiopulse/Tc sounds
Audioque
Ascendant Audio
Beyond Audio
Digital Designs (DD)
FI
Incriminator Audio (IA)
Mach 5 Audio
Mmats
Resonant Engineering (RE)
Revolution Design (RD)
Shocker Audio
T3 Audio
Treo

^^^^It's a good start. GO CRAZY

Here's another link for some visuals...
http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/shop/index.php?act=viewCat&catId=2&ccSID8643d d60547e611052421a6659ed64d2=373b59991e3de0869bfcf5dbed4378e1\

Silver Member
Username: Mmaudioconcepts

Post Number: 403
Image dynamics

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 3420
do you have a budget young sir?

Silver Member

Cayuga, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 171
my budget without deck, is around 2000 cash..just subs and amp and box

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1151
I would set aside a good $600 of that for electrical upgrades, the price will vary greatly between different vehicles.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

The kids love my rhyme...

Post Number: 4676
Yeah get a 300 amp alt and a kinetik in the front and back and you should be set to run some serious power. After that I would pick up a IA Death Penalty 21" and throw about 3000 watts at it. No one else has one of those fuggers.

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1166
I don't think the I.A.s are available in 21 yet (at least not a month or so ago when I asked). I really want to put 2 of those in a jeep or blazer getting 6-8krms .

$400- for a 250a alt (while a lot of people go for really high amperage, you need to worry about idling amps as well).
I would get at least 1 spare battery.
I'm not going to count this in the setup.

If you want new you'll have to pay a fair amount for good equipment, but you can find some nice bargains for lightly used stuff too.

1 kicker 2500s would set you back 650 or so new.

2 Fi BL 18s would be about 700.

That would leave you the money for the alt and 200 to build the box yourself, or money for wiring and a few hundred to have the box built at a shop. Should move some air nicely.

Silver Member

Cayuga, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 172
so im thinkin i should get 2 18" fi bls? and 1 kicker 2500.1 Troy? and im in canada, where do i get kinetik batterys we just have optima, yellow,red and blue, now would a 200 amp alt and two batterys be able to power a 2500.1 amp? because this system is most likely goin in a honda civic which the biggest alt u can get for a 91 civic hatchback is 200 amp as far as i know, but the other two car options i have is a ford expedition or possibly a newer style jimmy/blazer or older style s10-jimmy/blazer, now in the civic h/b would there be enough room to keep the back seats with the 2 18's? possibly a wall i could make? let me know and i could up my budget to 3 g's because i couldnt make a specd box if my life depended on it lol and i get deals on wire so im not worried about 0 gauge here just alt, amp, subs and box, help me out guys i appreciate it

Silver Member
Username: Nickyp0219

Post Number: 877
damn your puttin that in a civic?!?!?

jesus lol buy some earplugs while your at it

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 13344
18s in a civic that has got to be a wall u doing right !?

btw -in my country there is civic (dunno model but its about 10yrs old) which has 6 15s modded mmats subs in a wall ...this facker is LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUD ! .....

Silver Member

Cayuga, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 173
yeah i might if u guys help me oout a bit, im only 16, and i dont know alot about car audio, well i do for my age but theres more experienced people on this forum ,so help me out guys, should i wall these 2 18's bl's? and get a zx2500.1? and what ohm do i order these two subs at dual 1 ohm or dual 2 ohm with this amp? thanks guys

Gold Member

Post Number: 1184
I would wall them in a civic, otherwise you'll have plenty of room for a crx (sub up port-back) style box.

If you get the setup I mentioned you would have a good $1200 left to get that extra batt and a box/wall built.

You'll want to get dual 2 ohm subs in order to wire them to 2 ohms for that amp. As far as an alt if you can do 2 200a alts I'd try that, but if you can only get 1 200 it'll have to do. Extra batteries will definitely help.

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 453
i hope your getting comps for the front...they will need some serious power to keep up with 2 18s in that small of a car.

Silver Member

Cayuga, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 174
ok, so heres the list so far
1 Kicker zx2500.1-650$
2 18" FI Bl's-640$
2 Red Top Optima Batteries-300$
Shop Built Box-(Approx) 700$
200 amp alt (1 for now)-400$
rest of electrical-300$

that comes to 2990$ give or take a bit, now when i order the Bl's do i want any of the options, like flatwind,cooling all that stuff? thanks Troy and company lol

Silver Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Im BTL Bumpin

Post Number: 778
DONT GET RED TOPS!!!! they arent worth the cash they are just a glorified starter bat splurge for the yellow tops other than that system looks great

Silver Member

Cayuga, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 175
alright two yellow tops it is, i dont know what kinda highs i will need for this system, i dont care right now im gonna buy parts and pieces until i have everything, i hope to have the system completely done and installed by august september

Silver Member
Username: Bonhamd

Northern, Michigan USA

Post Number: 512
shiit would be loud

Silver Member

Cayuga, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 176
yo daniel bonham what part of michigan u live in, im on the canadian sidee of the border, but like 20 mins from detroit

Silver Member

Cayuga, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 177
with the right voltage and everything, how many db do u think ill hit in that civic? will it move enough air to flex the windshield?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1185
Check costco for yellowtops, they're worth the difference. No one can really guess, it depends on the quality and type of install. Should sound awesome if done right though.

Silver Member

Cayuga, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 184
ok sick thanks Troy
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us