Ot hid lights??

Silver Member
Username: Ska

USA

Post Number: 657
anyone know like the full + and - of these?

i want to get them but i don't know much about them, how hard are they to install? can you have 4 hids running at the same time and still be leagal?

Gold Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 1063
there easy to install, but if u get them make sure you have projector headlights r else your goin to blind oncoming drivers and get flickered like 50x a night....i had 10,000k on ma car but i had to remove them because it didnt have hi/lo beam only low beam for inspection...so i just took them out period. but you can buy bi-xenon hids which is hi/low beam...

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Http://www.rdaudio.net...

Post Number: 19267
^^^:-)

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 658
yea, i do have projectors on my car, i want to install 6 hids, 2 high 2 low and 2 fog, and have low and fog running all times, just poing the fog lights down alot more than usuall so i dont' blind traffic you know?

i don't have bi-lights i have different lights for each setting so everything is ok there

Gold Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 1066
lol 6 hids thats def goin OD lol i would only do headlights....the other ones r not necessary....haha

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 660
lol, i want like one of a kind, you'll only usually see 4 because i rearly ever use my high beams... lol

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6677
Damn those HIDs must be super bright. I have the best type of sealed beam headlights available, and I get flashed all the time..........

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 662
i want to get the 30,000k lights, they are a bright pink... lol they look so bad azz!! and then 12000k for my brights, and thats like a violet pink

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2364
No you dont b/c you loose a lot of light... Plus they are illegal. I wouldnt suggest anything over 8k. I have 10k and I wish I had 8k. I love mine and if you are interested, I can get you a great pair for 120 shipped to you for single beams... I love mine but yeah, you gotta have projectors

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 665
they aren't illeagal in AZ, alot of people have them?? pink purple yellow and blue, i haven't seen anyone get pulled over for them... i do have projectors thats why i REALLY wanna get HIDs lol

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 4731
anything over 5k and the color burrs into the surrounds and you loose visibility.. then its pointless

if you want the best HIDs.. do a retrofit.. best bet is running some OEM Denso Ballasts with some Phillips 85122+ D2S bulbs (5000k)

youll end up spending the same on decent aftermarket and good oem.. oem is always the way to go

go to this site is you want good aftermarket.. you can choose the color and opt for the lifetime warranty.. any bulb size they will have

http://www.therpmstore.com/index.php?cPath=35_36

Gold Member

Post Number: 4732
nice no bump for me

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 671
idc how bright my lights are... i live in PHX az, VERY few streets out here with no lights on them, so i don't need bright ones, just ones that will get noticed

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 2010
http://www.oznium.com/hid

check them out.... What kinda of car do you have.... i assume its new and doesnt having fluting on the headlights???

Flutting ridge looking thing on older car headlight they arent 100% clear

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 689
i have a 1998 sc300

Gold Member

Post Number: 2014
oh LEXUS hmmmm but that year i looked up has fluting.....hmmm i know on the imps and caprices fluting doesnt help that much.... can you get a set of projectors for that car???? and get a HID kit so it can be clear lenses

Gold Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 1336
im going to be getting 2 10000k for my fogs 2 10000k for my lows and 2 6000k for my highs. i also do not have projectors just a normal reflector.

i know this is illegal but i dont really care lol i am kind of just hoping that the higher color temp of the 10000k will reduce their brightness enough so that i wont piss off on coming traffic/cops to bad.

I am doing this mainly for the look which is why i want the 10000k instead of the 8000k for the lows and fogs but i want the 6000k for the highs as to have super bright high beams for the dark night around where i live.

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 694
killer, the sc comes with projector low beams, and then normal high beams. yup hid kit will make the lenses clear

Gold Member

Post Number: 2017
Hid kits dont just magically make the lens clear.... the ones i thought he was talkin about was the hid kit that replaces the stock bulb...

the reason projectors are needed is to spread the beam across the ground, hence fluting is used .... where the sc300 looks to have fluting on the High side (big headlight i assume)

well not saying you cant run Hids in the stock headlight i think it will just hold you back...
(i know thats what they say not to do with caprice headlights, no hids in stock caprice capsules just not worth the trouble)

the thing i would do is pick up them import mags and find thew HID projector kits for that car

if it was me get the oznium kit and try it out... 250$ cant beat it....

Gold Member

Post Number: 4756
apexcone is $100 cheaper than $250 with lifetmie .. any color temp any size bulb :-)

i'd run 3000k in the fogs for yellow but thats just me :-)

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 703
there is no projector bulb thing for sc300... at least not worth buying, i think they are like 450 each from the factory...there is one that is oem quality that looks pretty sick but i have to wait to get it... i don't understand what you guys are talkin about... lol all i want are pink head lights i didn't know that this much had to go into it... LOL

Silver Member
Username: Nickyp0219

Post Number: 873
try looking on ebay for the seller "flashplus" just search the sellers items

he sells hid kits for eclipses and other cars I believe for only ~70 shipped. Ive seen em on cars and they look legit

gonna wait til this summer when i start makin some money and get a set of these and projectors

Gold Member

Post Number: 4758
do a retrofit.. thats the way to go :-)

Silver Member
Username: Nickyp0219

Post Number: 875
but yea id listen to kevin ^^

obv. he seems to know what he's doing...look at his car lol

btw kev, i love the way you built up your legacy man, looks clean as hell

Gold Member

Post Number: 4759
heres a stock headlight for my car.. pulled it apart and took out the orange reflector and stock projector
Upload
stock projector on the left.. infinity fx35 bi-xenon projector on the right
Upload
trimmed it up to fit..
Upload
Upload
also had to trim my headlight housing.. notice on the left the portion for the highbeam is now trimmed a little
Upload

i am using OEM denso slim ballasts out of a toyota and phillips 85122+ D2S bulbs (5000k)

Gold Member

Post Number: 4760
sorry for those pics.. was taken before i got my new cam haha.. i need to finish these up.. waiting for my clear lenses so i can do a color mod on the projectors.. also trimmed the first part off the cutoff shield.. there was two parts two it

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 705
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-93-94-99-LEXUS-SC300-SC400-HALO-LED-PRO-HEAD-L IGHTS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33710QQihZ009QQitemZ190205860628QQrdZ1QQsspagen ameZWDVW

those are pretty much the only lights i can get for my car

Gold Member

Post Number: 2019
Jack i see where you going and thats the way to go BUT

Your lenses are clear....... I have never seen a Fluted lense with HIDs thats what im saying From what i "HEAR" that will reduce light output

The Su-bee has Clear lenses and the Bi xenon Projectors would be perfect

You can Deflute your lenses

BUT be warned they take for ever to do
2 hours a pice on Caprice lenses
Check somw Lexus Forums we all your freinds but something we cant answer LOL

Darn Kevo why cant u live by me so you can help me out with a Xenon Conversion i would love Bi xenons

the only lights available for caprices are street trendz street lights 600$ WTF

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 720
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26item%3D300206106279&_ trksid=p2759.l1259

i was thinking about getting those??

Gold Member

Post Number: 2031
NO NO NO you will be very unhappy look how mucht hey are selling them for

Hids cost money atlest 250 or so

Low beam bulb size: 9006
High beam bulb size: 9005
Fog/Driving bulb size: H3

oznium.com
or
http://www.mobilehid.com/home.htm

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 728
ok killer, you got me, i'll do the mobilehid.com, now the question is, should i get hids on just my low beams or on both my high and low? i checked my fog lights, they don't turn on?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2035
LOL u can do bi xenon but they cost a little more If your gonna do HIDS do it big I would do it tha would be cool to have

Darn what happen to your Fogs

Hey i know one thing Upgrade the harness fo power to the ballast it will prolly say that

But PM Jack since hes actually done a Bi xenon conversion ive just done research big diff between practical and virtual LOL

Gold Member

Post Number: 4773
unless you actually use your high beams a lot it would be a waste of money to do it..

if you just going to do an hid kit look into one that offers a good warranty.. thats why i suggest apexcone.. any size, any color, .. 1yr or optional lifetime warranty and affordable

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 736
i ordered the HIDs yesterday at work, from these guys http://www.mobilehid.com/home.htm they are actually here in AZ and right near where i live, im going to go over there and meet up with the guy and get the HIDs, 320 for high beams and low beams, they have an ongoing special to club lexus members that makes the hids 160 each:-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 2037
BEYAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Ima say it for ya

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 741
"killerzracing71
Gold Member

Fredericksburg, Virginia
United states

Post Number: 2037
Posted on Saturday, March 15, 2008 - 12:20 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BEYAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Ima say it for ya "

no idea what that means...

I called the guy yesterday but he never answered his phone so maybe i'll get a hold of him today

Gold Member

Post Number: 2038
Watch the Chapell show and you will understand its based of some campain run that sume guy did he said

Im gonna go to VIrginia Arizona Maryland ( wrestling voice took over) Arkansas, Califorina, Florida BEYAHHHHHHHHH

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 746
lol ok, well i called the guy again today, didnt answer... so idk whats going on...:-(
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us