Question on 4 ohms amp selection

i just purchased 2 12" alpine type S's. the subs run at 200 rms at 4 ohms. am i looking for the right kind of amp...i am looking at 4 channel amps. i look at the amp's specs at 4 ohms. example, i was looking at this rockford fosgate, its specs were 65 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms. does that mean that this amp will push out 130 watts to each sub? And will that be enough to make the alpine's pound pretty hard? Any advice is appreciated.

teflondog
j-rod...no, no, no!!! you do not want a 4 channel amp to run those subs. 4 channel amps are mainly designed for interior speakers, not for subs with big bass. go to discountsjungle.com and look up the alpine mrp-m350 amplifier. it's rated at 350 watts but will actually put out 400 watts (200 watts to each sub). this is perfect for your setup. the amp works really well with type s subs and doesn't cost much. check it out and if you don't like it, then i can recommend another amp. by the way, wire your subs in series and then parallel to each other, this makes them 2 ohms which will pound harder. if you don't know how to wire them this way, look it up on alpine's website.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us