OT: car stuff

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 8367
has anyone used a K and N filter under the hood or outside the car with the intake...I have a 95 ford taurus gl 3.0 (not the sho) and im looking to improve gas milage I get 17 mpg in the city on average and id like it to be better than that (no I dont race around either)...also how much mpg increase did you get im curious

Silver Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 747
it will help your gas millage out a little bit you will probly got about 18 or 19 mpg but if you redo the exhust system also with mybe a flowmaster and catback upgrade youll see a big difference

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

The kids love my rhyme...

Post Number: 4629
it wont noticably help much at all... i was gettin 12.8 to the gallon before I added my filter and now I'm getting like 13.2

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6666
I don't like those filters...... you have to clean them from time to time. IMO it's easier to just keep buying new cheap filters.

Silver Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 748
but MS think about the money you save by using the same filter over and over again welll not tht much but over time you would notice something

Silver Member
Username: Ska

USA

Post Number: 670
you might want to look into putting a chip into your car, i have an sc300, i put a chip in and i was gettin 24-32, now im gettin 30-41

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 4736
a good tune will help your gas mileage.. but it also depends on the tune.. some make it worse but you get better peformance..

like i said in your other post.. get a tune up.. your car prolly has higher mileage and could at the minimum use some spark plugs

Silver Member
Username: M0nkeyman692

Post Number: 518
a chip?? chips usually drastically decrease your gas mileage..... usually the point of an after market chip is to throw more gas in per cylinder to increase hp/ and it makes your emissions worse too. dont get me wrong tho. chips are sweet. but not for saving gas

Silver Member
Username: Ska

USA

Post Number: 674
it hellped me though, it did NOTHING to my power, but help my MPG drasticly... if anything i think it might have robbed my power but idc right now, with gas going up to 4 a gallon soon, power is the last thing i want

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 4737
the cheap so called chips just fool the computer to thinking its getting colder air into the intake track.. colder air is more dense so it needs more fuel.. thus killing gas mileage but giving you slightly increase performance.. but youll run richer and can fowl plugs

a true tune will actually increase power/mileage .. but also they are expensive and pointless for n/a cars..

seriously just get yourself a tuneup
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us