Starter then Final.

Bronze Member
Username: Deanerjr

Post Number: 46
Okay. Considering this is my first system in this truck. Only dishing out a few hundred here n' there. As it stands within this next week or so i'll have 2 CVR12's Runnin 800RMS. But i was wondering how hard y'all think it'd hit when i finish it off.

When im done eventually *not anytime soon, lmao* I was planning on keepeing the CVR12's, and buying two CVX15's. Was wondering how do you think it'll sound having two CVR12's and two CVR15's running 2800 RMS total under a bed cover?

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 4724
cancellation FTL

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
lol. what? Im sayin, thats what im plannin on, unless you think i should change it up

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 14664
How much do you expect to hear in the cab if the subs are in the bed?

Silver Member
Username: Goodie_goop

Mid town, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 792
its usually a bad idea to use different size subs

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 14665
Did I read it right? Subs in the bed of your truck?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
yeah. was an idea. i thought it was weird. but idk, heard of a few doin it, i gotta pic of someone with like 20 12's in the bed. but some people at a car audio shop were like, you'll be outta room. so either the bed or we install them under and into the back seat. lol.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 13317
unless u plan to put a cut through from ur cab into the bed with box out in bed firing inward then it doesnt make any sense (personally i wouldnt cut up a truck to do that craziness)

fit whatever can IN the cab ....

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Team RD, Texas

Post Number: 2530
I think he means a blow thru Paul, in which case, two 12s would be more than fine, but the 12" CVRs should fit behind the seat in small sealed truck boxes I think. Don't know for sure though.

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1156
I don't think he means a blo through, which if I know I had a truck I'd sure do. Don't mix and match sub sizes buddy (or amps for that matter), but the kickers are pretty decent subs.

Silver Member
Username: Mesodumm

Tri-City, Az Usa

Post Number: 428
I'm not flame'n anyone, it's just an opinion so don't get ButtHurt or mad, but sometimes I wonder how many people here have actual experience in car audio install, and not just going down to the local stereo shop to watch and listen or throwing in there opinions on this forum. I don't mean just installing Hu's or pre-fab boxes all day either. I think being a car audio installer is more than that! It's a quest for the ultimate install! Looking at a car and forgetting about the easiest/fastest possible way of doing it, and thinking "Damn, that would be awesome if....!" Some of the best sounding systems I have ever heard had mixed size subs!! If you think of the difference between the sound of a 12" compared to a 15" tight bass or low bass?? there's no cancellation there, if you aim the sub's at each other then yes they will cancel each other out, push/pull is different. they would have to have separate enclosures, and you do not want to hook them to the same amp,admittedly I have done it but because "the customer is always right" ran it in mono, split it, one side 12's other side 15's same ohm. the things we do to get paid!! Okay depending on what kind of competition you are going to be entering in really defines what you need to build for SQ, SQL, or SPL. Who knows what an RTA is or even pink noise?? I believe you can build a quality SQ/SQL or a SQL/SPL system, but SQ and SPL are totally different! How you adjust your Hu's, EQ's, Amp's, what kind and where you put your Speaker's, What enclosures build and tune them to, crossover's, system designs or layout, TB3 all play a major role in what your outcome will be. If your not going into competition then Personal likes are key! I've seen systems with massive highs, no mid-bass and hard bass and the guy was happy as H E L L!! with it. I think about if it was my car/truck what would I do? How far would I go to get the sound I want? Cutting the cab and bed to put the box in would mean nothing to me "give me the plasma cutter and get out of my way"!!! I have made cover-ups to hide it when I sold a few trucks. I have bought new door panels or used 1/4 Masonite/mdf and carpet to make a cover-up as long as it looks clean and not trashy. Whatever it takes to make you happy with your system, I love seeing trick installs!! i'm not talking about the women with booob's for speakers in the trunk, but tear your car apart and rebuild it to the extreme. ha ha okay enough!! After I read this I do go off several directions, if I confused you ask me! Like I said I was not trying to make anyone mad, I do want to hear opinions. Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us