OT: need help quick please

Silver Member
Username: Basebalz13

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 268
so i jus found out i can compete in a stereo competition tomarrow cuz my baseball game got canceled, this will be my first event so imma noob i guess, i was wondering if someone could tell me some good streetbeatin music, and also what test tones to run, its a 2000 mercury cougar, with 2 L7 15's

Gold Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 1527
1st run you will want to run a sweep (usually track 17 or 18 ask and they will tell you what track) after teh run you will get a score. Ask the person at the computer what frequency you peaked at and the next run play around that freq.

If you peaked at say 45hz try 43-48 or something like that.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 4718
far as tones go.. go to realmofexcursion and get yourself a sinesweep.. make yourself an mp3 cd with all the tones 30-80 .. when you run your sweep it will show your loudest dB @ X note.. simply go to that tone on the CD and do a burp.. go up to the next tone and see if you gain.. if you don't drop down a tone and keep going.. when your number stops going up you've found your note with your current setup

far as streetbeating music.. depends on your note

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 4719
... i was beat lmao

Gold Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 1528
Lol s'all good!

At the competitions I go to they usually have a cd ready for each person so everyone has the same stuff. They reccomend the sweep track to start or if you know what hertz you use you go to that track.

It's funny when you get guys that want to use their own CD as they think that their rap/bass songs bumps like a fat lady on acid. Don't knwo how many times I've heard that damn b-b-b-b-bass song..lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us