Sound deadner

Silver Member
Username: Pbplayer05

Carroll, Iowa

Post Number: 565
what is good for the money was looking at b-quite, raamat, and edead?any info would be helpful thanks

Silver Member
Username: Denim

SoundSolutionsAudio.com, MD USA

Post Number: 596
You can lay down one layer of Second Skin Damplifier Pro, where others need 2 and 3 to give the same performance.

Silver Member
Username: Durski

Post Number: 306
Is this stuff really worth the time and money? Im sure its not that expensive but it takes a decent amount of time to take my car apart and put it back together... but if it completely removes rattles I'm all for it then

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 5883
sound deadning your car is definately worth the time and money.

and i agree with denim, ss is definately the best you can buy.

Silver Member

Carroll, Iowa

Post Number: 566
well for the price which would be best how much u think i will need

Silver Member

Carroll, Iowa

Post Number: 567
?

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 13309
i have used SS & its thicker than dynamat xtreme ....just estimate the square footage of the area ur going to do & buy accordingly .....

Silver Member

Carroll, Iowa

Post Number: 568
i heard the new ed is suppose to be good and doesnt have asphalt in it its suppose to be butyl

Bronze Member
Username: Bass_enjoyer

Post Number: 19
http://sounddeadenershowdown.com/

That should give you pretty good general information.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 5885
if really strapped for cash, go for the edead. i went with the cheapest for my work car, did 2 layers in most places, and it works very nicely. no smell, no peeling/falling off, nothing. and that was about 1 1/2 years ago now.

Silver Member

Post Number: 598
Do some research on eD first. If you are worried about cost RAAMAT is a very good option. And yes, sound deadening can make a large difference and improve the sound of what you have.

Silver Member

Carroll, Iowa

Post Number: 569
well i have been and they say the older stuff was asphalt but they changed it to butyl but they have a different foil on top. ya im thinking bout raamat i just need to figure out how much i should get

Silver Member
Username: Spankinurwoofers

GR, MI US

Post Number: 343
i was told ~25-30 sq. ft. was be enough for the doors, trunk, and firewall. So if you're only doing around that to ur car, 25-30 sqft should be fine...depends on car too, i have a relatively small car(Jetta).

I actually just bought half a roll of raammat bxt, haven't gotten it yet but have heard many good things about it. was said to be the best for the price.

...just my .02

Silver Member

Post Number: 609
Justin, it would be worth putting enough sound deadening down to deaden the doors where your speakers are and the trunk area where the sub is located. Once that is down, listen up for any rattles or vibrations, then work on covering those up. Takes a little work and effort, but in the end it will be worth it.

Silver Member

Carroll, Iowa

Post Number: 570
well if i get edead i will be getting 60 sq ft and if i get ramaat i will be getting around 60 sq ft.

Silver Member

Post Number: 614
If you join up DIYmobileaudio, you can get a discount on RAAMAT I believe. You just have to email saying your a member or something. Rick at RAAMAT is very cool and seems to be very helpful for customers who need sound deadening.

My first choice is Second Skin, best stuff on the market. You can email Anthony, owner of Second Skin and see if he can offer a deal on a bulk pack of Second Skin Damplifier. A few dollars more is worth it IMO.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us