6 1/2" Rear Speaker Enclosure

Username: Mathxew

Post Number: 7
I want to build enclosures for my two rear speakers. They are 6 1/2" and are held by the rear deck (there is a dense cardboard, more like a fiber board that they are drilled into and held in place by) How do i get the a seal box to stay on while keeping them mounted with them screwed into the rear decks fiber board. There is a metal frame below the speaker, about 2 inches lower than the fiber board. I was going to just have boxes hang there, but i realized that would defeat the purpose of the seal box..If this is confusing, and anyone wants to help me, email me, Mathewjw@gmail.com and i can send pics

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6671
It's best not to run rear speakers at all.

But, you can build sealed boxes for them and then mount the boxes, to improve the sound by a lot. I did it with my components.

Upload

Silver Member
Username: Ewok

Fairbanks, Alaska U.S.A.

Post Number: 121
he keeps showing this picture, lol

Silver Member
Username: Exige

Cincinnati

Post Number: 169
with good reason though....its a well built DIY enclosure. if i were him, i'd keep showing it to. shows what a little effort can do.

i remember someone suggesting using half a milk carton for an enclosure....not too bad for a base.

Silver Member

Fairbanks, Alaska U.S.A.

Post Number: 123
what about you Exide? i want to see your custom, can you show us what you got?

Silver Member

Cincinnati

Post Number: 170
not right now ;) ....nothing too custom about what i have right now...CDT M6's in a braxial setup with DRT-26 aluminum tweeters and 560i crossovers. no subs right now. pretty low key. it's simply set up well with a fully deadened car. it sure as hell gets the job done for not being custom! :-)

makeover is coming in June...3 way active setup (CDT ES-06+, ES-04, ES-02), midrange and tweeter in kicks, sealed doorpanels for the midbass... off JL amps...450/4 and 300/2. 2 12" subs off a sundown SAZ-1500D (subs still undecided).

i'm basically waiting til I can write it off on taxes before i do anything. i've spent a bit too much on home audio lately :-) the install was originally supposed to be next weekend but i decided to go for a 10 (yes, 10) driver home theater sub instead...so that sucked up all the money for now lol.

Silver Member

Fairbanks, Alaska U.S.A.

Post Number: 124
awe thats cool, well you have a nice CDT m6, thats good enough, and i see that your also into home audio, im also into home audio, i just purchased the new sony DAV-IS10 which has a golf size speakers, just got for a good deal, whats yours?

Silver Member

Cincinnati

Post Number: 171
currently ascend acoustics 340se's and a dodecasub (12 sided enclosure with 10 subs). as soon as the CDT home audio stuff comes out, ill probably be switching to that.

mathew, what kind of rear speakers do you have? this sounds like it could be something that might not be worth it for you.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6033

quote:

i remember someone suggesting using half a milk carton for an enclosure....not too bad for a base.

yeah me, it gets the job done seel it up good with great stuff and it will help brace it too. im sure their is a little flex but im not worried about it sounds good for now. in a few months im getting a new truck and going to do some nice SQ stuff.

Silver Member

Fairbanks, Alaska U.S.A.

Post Number: 126
i also getting a new truck but 2 seater only and would just have a hard top, thats my next project and this time it will be sweet because audiophile buddy's will help me install

Silver Member

Fairbanks, Alaska U.S.A.

Post Number: 127
i meant the project is about putting in sweet sq sound system

Silver Member

Cincinnati

Post Number: 172
what's goin in man?

Silver Member

Fairbanks, Alaska U.S.A.

Post Number: 129
what's goin in man?

im gonna have to put in a JVC KD-SHX850 hu, and some new bewith confidence comps, and 2channel clarion amp to power them, what you think

Silver Member

Cincinnati

Post Number: 173
you getting the comps from Japan or something? i'd personally skip the clarion and go for something a bit nicer. seems like you're ready to drop some serious coin so i'd go for top of the line all around

Silver Member

Fairbanks, Alaska U.S.A.

Post Number: 131
ya true, my friend is goin back to japan to visit families, so at the same time his getting the comps for me. but im buying the hu off of ebay, so you mean to say to skip clarion, what 2 channel amp would you recommend? i cant wait for the bewith comps though, im exited

Silver Member

Cincinnati

Post Number: 180
i dont wanna keep cluttering this guy's thread. get yourself a new thread goin. give your system goals, budget, etc....i think you'll get a lot more input that way.

i can't say anything about the bewith's cause i've never heard them before....have you had a listen? how much power can the set take? are you planning to run a sub? take all these questions and get a new thread so you can get input from everyone. i'm sure we'll get you a nice sounding system though :-)

Silver Member

Fairbanks, Alaska U.S.A.

Post Number: 132
ok ill do a new thread, thanx
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us