Subwoofer Wire Repair

Silver Member
Username: Ironslave

Offutt AFB, Nebraska U.S.A.

Post Number: 561
So i took my sub out of my box cause the box was totaled in my car accident and to my suprise the wire that gos from the terminal to the voice coil on one of my subs was Broken off.

The problem is that the wire broke on the terminal connecting to the Voice coil and the peice of wire in the terminal hole wont come out, i sat there for 2 hours with a soldering iron trying to take it off. I ended up usin a push on connector to re attach the wire and topping it off with some gorilla glue, i found out the head unit dosent work as expected either. so i cant afford to get a new head unit and replace the sub the same time. is there a way i can source new wire for when this thing breaks again?

Silver Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Im BTL Bumpin

Post Number: 765
i always solder it and it works fine what kind of solder are you using?

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 3392
wht kind of sub is it? and its called a tinsel lead. =) you can send the sub in to get fxed or just buy a recone for it and if you feel confident recone it yourself. =)

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6665
Recone time........

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodia

Post Number: 3762
You needed to use desoldering braid.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062744&cp=2032058.2032236 .2032313&pg=2&parentPage=search&sr=1&origkw=solder&kw=solder&parentPage=family

get the iron hot, then put the braid against the part you want to desolder, and then put the iron above and it would remove all of the solder.

Silver Member
Username: Ironslave

Offutt AFB, Nebraska U.S.A.

Post Number: 564
i will try the braid today, i would like to get this sub running again as it has served me well for almost 2 years
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us