Need help with Alpine CDA-9887

Username: Aworldcollision

Puyallup, WA USA

Post Number: 1
I have an Alpine CDA-9887 that is Bi-amping a set of Elate 6 3-ways using two Sinfoni 150.2X Amplitudes. My installer should have done some tweeking or at least set it to 3-way mode...anyway. Now I need to know what the optimal X-over settings should be for these speakers. I appreciate any assistance. I am new at this but want good sound. I feel like I should have it by now.

Bronze Member
Username: Rossx1

Nashville, AR United States

Post Number: 21
I have the same h/u.... The first thing you need to do is check the switch on the outside of the head unit's case itself(on the bottom of the h/u i think). It is a switch that controls whether the crossover is a 2 way or 3 way. After this go into your setup menu and turn off the power to the speaker outputs. This will allow more voltage and less chance of ground noise into your RCAs. Then go to your crossover setup menu. This can usually be tuned by ear very easily. I have an IDMAX 10 and some Rainbow Comps and to set my crossovers i simply downloaded a very low to a very high sine wave and played with the crossovers until i got everything sounding right.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us